Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Most significant Villa signing in a decade?

Probably one of the most significant, more than anything it shows intent, thats probably just as important, i would imagine this type of transfer will make other players who we are chasing take a second look, which is good.

• Like 4

the transfer confirmation is now on the official Villa forum also.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/13/aston-villa-agree-wesley-transfer

"Aston Villa and Club Brugge have agreed the transfer of Brazilian striker Wesley, subject to a work permit and international clearance.

The 22-year-old has spent the past four seasons with the Belgian side where he has helped them win two league titles, two Belgian Super Cups and netted an impressive 17 goals last season.

He has made a number of appearances in the Champions League, netting twice in consecutive games in last season’s group stage while he also scored a winning goal for Brugge against RB Salzburg in the knock-out phase of the 2018/19 Europa League.

The 6ft 3in striker has now won six major honours in his fledgling career including a league title and cup during his spell in Slovakia with AS Trencin.

Wesley was also crowned "De Golden Schoen", the award given to the best young player of the year in the Belgian Pro League."

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Probably one of the most significant, more than anything it shows intent, thats probably just as important, i would imagine this type of transfer will make other players who we are chasing take a second look, which is good.

Yes for a player like him to join a newly promoted side it does say alot. I always wondered if we would ever have a Brazilian striker. He is a big one that's for sure, under Smith could be a fantastic signing. Looking at his goals he looks abit like Tammy's play in sniping goals..

Exciting signing and totally out of the blue (which makes you think all the names we are linked with won't come to fruition)! 

As others have mentioned, the comparisons to Benteke stand out a mile, albeit from limited viewings. 

Like the fact that he's young, tall, looks to have a physical presence and one that's been courted by some decent clubs by all accounts bodes well.

I do think that we as fans do get more excited by fancy foreign names but I can understand why.

Really hope this ones a success 😊

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

the transfer confirmation is now on the official Villa forum also.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/06/13/aston-villa-agree-wesley-transfer

"Aston Villa and Club Brugge have agreed the transfer of Brazilian striker Wesley, subject to a work permit and international clearance.

The 22-year-old has spent the past four seasons with the Belgian side where he has helped them win two league titles, two Belgian Super Cups and netted an impressive 17 goals last season.

He has made a number of appearances in the Champions League, netting twice in consecutive games in last season’s group stage while he also scored a winning goal for Brugge against RB Salzburg in the knock-out phase of the 2018/19 Europa League.

The 6ft 3in striker has now won six major honours in his fledgling career including a league title and cup during his spell in Slovakia with AS Trencin.

Wesley was also crowned "De Golden Schoen", the award given to the best young player of the year in the Belgian Pro League."

I for one wish to give a warm welcome to The Golden Schlong (rough translation)

• Haha 1

might be worth trying to find the Brugge vs Monaco games (home and away), from the Champions League Group stages.

Wesley scored at home in a 1-1 draw, he also scored in the away fixture that Brugge won 4-0.

I can find the goals easy, but would be good to watch the whole match to see how he plays over 90 minutes.

He also played against Athletico Madrid and Dortmund in that group.

Might give a really good overview of him against decent opposition.

Â