Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I want mean Wes out on Saturday.

He won more in the first 10 mins v Norwich than he had in the last three matches, you could see something was different.

Right at it from the off please Sir Wes.

Edited by Tomaszk

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I want mean Wes out on Saturday.

He won more in the first 10 mins v Norwich than he had in the last three matches, you could see something was different.

Right at it from the off please Sir Wes.

I have made him Captain in my dream team! 

On 16/10/2019 at 11:59, lapal_fan said:

Yep, really good teams play 4-4-2 because it gives them more attacking options.  

4-4-2 can work but it is dangerous when you try and play it with two out and out wingers e.g. Bruce at Wolves a few years back.  To make it even worse he had Whelan and Hourihane - a pretty static/low energy pairing - in CM (as Irish fans have also seen) and you just get overrun in midfield and the strikers get isolated.

I think a front 6 of:

------------------------------------- Marvelous ----------------------------------

SJM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jack

--------------------------------------- CH --------------------------------------------

------------------------ Wes ------------------------ Davis -----------------------

Would be really interesting and would score goals but also be solid.

Jack and CH could interchange, although I prefer Jack's energy in midfield if we are not getting the lion's share of the ball.  Equally, you could bring in Dougie L or Henry for Jack and push Jack to "10" in place of CH.

This would also require Targett (or Hause) and Guilbert to be playing as you need full backs that can get up and down to give you the width in this scenario.

I don't think this weakens our midfield, indeed it actually gets more of our better players on the pitch, and can flex to be attacking or defensive depending upon game scenarios.

Interesting story about our Wes on Sky. He became a father at 14 and then had his second child at 16. He says his need to support his family spurs him on. Not surprising when you're 22 and have 8 and 6 year old children. 

That's a lot of responsibility to have had for a teenage boy. 

10 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Very poor today. Didn't follow up from that good performance against Norwich. I expect we're gonna have to get used to this because he's really inconsistent.

He played his part in Grealish's goal bringing other people into play... He might not have been on form like he was against Norwich, but he did his bit IMO

He’s neat and tidy on the ball, tries hard and has physical strength but seems to lack real threat or the kind of quick, aggressive movements we need (shown for example by Davis in the few minutes he was on)

I’ve got to think that for a similar outlay we would be much more of a handful with say, Maupay leading the line 

I’m not saying that he won’t improve but I don’t think we have the time to wait for him - I’ve got to think that we have an alternative lined up for January. 

Probably not a popular view but I think he will be a ‘nearly man’

• Like 2

I’m still not convinced. I seem to see more from Davis in his cameos and still think he could do with some minutes. He was unlucky not to score and it was that corner they lead to eventual goal. 

Wes’s 4 in 9 is still a decent return I just think we need a lot more from our striker with the way we play.  It will be interesting to see if we bring in another striker in January. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

He’s neat and tidy on the ball...

Can't see this at all.

He's messy and awkward. Right now he can improve hugely on absolutely everything. His shooting is incredibly annoying. Scuffs 90% of efforts.

Â