Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Which midfielder would you drop and why?

No way are we swapping to 4-4-2 or anything like it, would be utterly bonkers.

we finally have a really strong midfield.

After the Norwich game the team can't be changed. But if Wesley goes back to struggling it'd be worth a go trying him with someone alongside him. Wesley up top with someone like Grabban and we'd be scoring for fun imo

People claiming him to be rubbish are plain wrong though there definitely is a good player there it's just I don't think we are deploying him correctly. 

Edited by Stuartc445
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

After the Norwich game the team can't be changed. But if Wesley goes back to struggling it'd be worth a go trying him with someone alongside him. Wesley up top with someone like Grabban and we'd be scoring for fun imo

People claiming him to be rubbish are plain wrong though there definitely is a good player there it's just I don't think we are deploying him correctly. 

we'd also be conceding for fun if we weaken the midfield.

He did really well Saturday his all round play was so much better than the Burnley game absolutely everything he did was an improvement............however Norwich's defending was woeful absolutely shocking Wes won't get room like that again all season. 

2 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Not necessarily as the best form of defence is attack. If we are able to make the ball stick upfront then that'll protect our defence. 

It's a nice cliché if nothing else.

Granted with Dunne gone we won't concede while we have the ball, but to think we could Barcelona or Man City us through the league is IMO very naive.

Even Man City are unable to do it atm.

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's a nice cliché if nothing else.

Granted with Dunne gone we won't concede while we have the ball, but to think we could Barcelona or Man City us through the league is IMO very naive.

Even Man City are unable to do it atm.

What? so only Barcalona and Man City can try and make the ball stick up front.

So what shall we do if Wesley doesn't replicate what happened at Norwich just drop him for Davis or Kodjia and hope they work better instead of trying to find a way to get the best out of Wesley. Personally i'd prefer us to at least try other things with him before give up on him.  

of course we are going to come unstuck in some games that's the nature of football but the idea that if we try putting someone upfront with Wesley will lead us letting in goals for fun is ridiculous.

Edited by Stuartc445

2 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

What? so only Barcalona and Man City can try and make the ball stick up front.

So what shall we do if Wesley doesn't replicate what happened at Norwich just drop him for Davis or Kodjia and hope they work better instead of trying to find a way to get the best out of Wesley. Personally i'd prefer us to at least try other things with him before give up on him.  

of course we are going to come unstuck in some games that's the nature of football but the idea that if we try putting someone upfront with Wesley will lead us letting in goals for fun is ridiculous.

I think we've finally found a selection and formation that will work, to a point.

You want to change this for a 4-4-2 or whatever, fine. I think that would be a terrible idea.

Also don't think that and extra striker instead of a midfielder will help us keep the ball in dangerous areas more, but it will make us more vulnerable 

We are still a newly promoted team trying to gel and most days we'll not come up against a side with an injury crisis like we did against Norwich but I still think this is the way to go, not swapping formations.

By all means throw another striker on towards the end if we are chasing a goal.

Just now, sne said:

I think we've finally found a selection and formation that will work, to a point.

You want to change this for a 4-4-2 or whatever, fine. I think that would be a terrible idea.

Also don't think that and extra striker instead of a midfielder will help us keep the ball in dangerous areas more, but it will make us more vulnerable 

We are still a newly promoted team trying to gel and most days we'll not come up against a side with an injury crisis like we did against Norwich but I still think this is the way to go, not swapping formations.

By all means throw another striker on towards the end if we are chasing a goal.

1) As i have already pointed out I don't want to change as that'd be stupid after winning 5:1 but if it turns out to be a one off because Norwich were awful putting someone up with Wesley is worth a try.

2) Again the idea we will ship goals the moment we have 2 upfront is ridiculous. Yes we shouldn't do that against the big boys in this league as that would be suicide. But i have faith in our midfield and defence that it could cope vs the teams around us with 1 less player in the midfield. 

Just now, Stuartc445 said:

1) As i have already pointed out I don't want to change as that'd be stupid after winning 5:1 but if it turns out to be a one off because Norwich were awful putting someone up with Wesley is worth a try.

2) Again the idea we will ship goals the moment we have 2 upfront is ridiculous. Yes we shouldn't do that against the big boys in this league as that would be suicide. But i have faith in our midfield and defence that it could cope vs the teams around us with 1 less player in the midfield. 

You think the squad has been training with a 4-4-2 or been focusing on getting this current tactic to stick?

If not do you see any issues with swapping?

Also who would you drop?

13 minutes ago, sne said:

You think the squad has been training with a 4-4-2 or been focusing on getting this current tactic to stick?

If not do you see any issues with swapping?

Also who would you drop?

Hopefully it doesn't need to change hopefully Norwich was just the start.

But what do you suggest if we don't go from strength to strength just stay with the same formation and hope that it works before it's to late.  I don't think Smiths like that to be honest if Smith is as good as we all think / hope he is then he should be training the team in more than one formation.

If it's not working then it'll have to be the weakest performing midfielder whoever that maybe or there is another way, we could always try to move McGinn further forward and put him alongside Wesley and be more fluid with our formation where he drops back into midfield when defending and goes up front when on the attack.

Edited by Stuartc445

55 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Hopefully it doesn't need to change hopefully Norwich was just the start.

But what do you suggest if we don't go from strength to strength just stay with the same formation and hope that it works before it's to late.  I don't think Smiths like that to be honest if Smith is as good as we all think / hope he is then he should be training the team in more than one formation.

If it's not working then it'll have to be the weakest performing midfielder whoever that maybe or there is another way, we could always try to move McGinn further forward and put him alongside Wesley and be more fluid with our formation where he drops back into midfield when defending and goes up front when on the attack.

What was happening for the first 6 games of the season and didn't work at all because we had a a massive whole in Midfield. 

10 hours ago, Stuartc445 said:

I agree with most of what you said apart from the pairing, I feel for Wesley to learn, we would yet have to break bank again on some world beater up front. Wesley is already slightly above or at Grabbans level, so i think the only way a partnership works is because Wesley has competition that he clearly knows he has to out play. Personally I think Tammy would of been one hell of a partnership for Wes, Tammy is all over the pitch, however Wes isn't at that level yet, with time and a positive striker influencing Wes in a way that brings his game on to do some of the things that Tam did, I do feel would greatly improve Wesley into a beautiful striker.

It's one hell of a shame that the two did not play alongside eachother, it's a pairing I feel may of been dangerous on level we've not seen at the club for around 20 years or over.

Â