Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

One thing I think we need to remember is that he only started playing professionally at the age of 16. He wouldn't have had the development that other guys his age would have had at this same stage. 

Going from working in a screw factory to now playing in the Premier League, in the span of only 6 years, it's been quite a roller coaster for the lad. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

I think that says it all really, both our current and previous starting striker aren't doing too bad at all...go on lads.

Just a thought - how much credit do our coaching staff deserve for that? Did we improve Tammy or was his career always going in that direction?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Just a thought - how much credit do our coaching staff deserve for that? Did we improve Tammy or was his career always going in that direction?

Abraham had the touch of a trampoline when he came to Villa. and even more annoyingly seemed to have a nervous breakdown really embarrassing tantrum type strop if no one passed or if he put one wide that would go on for several minutes. he cut it out after a month or two.

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Abraham had the touch of a trampoline when he came to Villa. and even more annoyingly seemed to have a nervous breakdown really embarrassing tantrum type strop if no one passed or if he put one wide that would go on for several minutes. he cut it out after a month or two.

Yeah, he used to throw some right strops, remember thinking numerous times "grow up, stop flailing your arms around like a 5 year old, and get on with the game".

13 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

His English is going from strength to strength. Hope he beds in and gets that same kind of love as he was getting in Brugge.

It's really remarkable. Reminds me of how good Benteke's English has gotten too. It took Christian a good few years to get there though and Wesley just a couple of months. Meanwhile, Aguero, going into his 10th season in the PL still uses a translator. Not sure what's going on there, but I guess he does his talking on the pitch.

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's really remarkable. Reminds me of how good Benteke's English has gotten too. It took Christian a good few years to get there though and Wesley just a couple of months. Meanwhile, Aguero, going into his 10th season in the PL still uses a translator. Not sure what's going on there, but I guess he does his talking on the pitch.

Much easier for them. If they say something controversial the translator can filter it out. Less likely to get fined. 

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think our coaching staff are very underrated at improving players, are there any players you think have declined since Dean came in..I honestly don't think I can. Dean had a good reputation for improving his players before coming in, and now it's there for all to see. (Taylor, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Mcguinn, and Grealish all noteably have performed better individually imo)

With Abraham everyone definitely knew his potential and he'd been a great player at Bristol.  I think under deans coaching and the big club pressure maximised through the players, he developed to be ready for Chelsea. He'd be the first to admit that, and I'm sure he holds Villa in great value because of the platform and devlopment we gave him

Edited by carewjust4u

8 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I think our coaching staff are very underrated at improving players, are there any players you think have declined since Dean came in..I honestly don't think I can. Dean had a good reputation for improving his players before coming in, and now it's there for all to see. (Taylor, El Ghazi, Hourihane, Mcguinn, and Grealish all noteably have performed better individually imo)

With Abraham everyone definitely knew his potential and he'd been a great player at Brighton. I think under deans coaching and the big club pressure maximised through the players, he developed to be ready for Chelsea. He'd be the first to admit that, and I'm sure he holds Villa in great value because of the platform and devlopment we gave him

Axel looked decent for Man U too.

• Thanks 1

On 05/10/2019 at 22:30, KentVillan said:

You absolutely can say it, because he absolutely has had a fair crack.

He has something like 50 competitive appearances for Villa (including plenty of starts), mostly at a lower level (Championship and League Cup) and he has returned a grand total of 4 goals (one of which in a 6-1 drubbing of Crewe in the League Cup).

I'm not doubting that he could be a useful player for us, and he could definitely improve his goal return to a more respectable level. But he is never in a million years going to be a reliable goalscorer.

Wesley isn't perfect, but he's our best option for now, and Keinan or Kodj will have to do something amazing off the bench to displace him.

Everyone seems to be going on about replacing Wesley with Davis, I'd go a different route tbh and try Davis alongside Wesley. For me that might work as I don't see Wesley as a lone striker he's like a much better version of Weimann who can score but will make the runs that will create space for a target man type striker. Like Weimann did with Benteke. 

6 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

Everyone seems to be going on about replacing Wesley with Davis, I'd go a different route tbh and try Davis alongside Wesley. For me that might work as I don't see Wesley as a lone striker he's like a much better version of Weimann who can score but will make the runs that will create space for a target man type striker. Like Weimann did with Benteke. 

Which midfielder would you drop and why?

No way are we swapping to 4-4-2 or anything like it, would be utterly bonkers.

we finally have a really strong midfield.

Edited by sne

Â