Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes a much worse team. Our championship team was void of morale and attacking tactics when Davis played most of his matches. Wesley has a team of £ 150 million around him to create chances. 

You're still not getting it. Davis played in a team that was much better than the majority of teams we faced, and didn't score goals. 

Wesley is playing in a team that goes into most games as underdogs, and is scoring goals..

Just now, av1 said:

You're still not getting it. Davis played in a team that was much better than the majority of teams we faced, and didn't score goals. 

Wesley is playing in a team that goes into most games as underdogs, and is scoring goals..

Trust me. I will always get what you say. What you need to understand is that the team we had wasn't better. Not the players. Not the manager. Not the tactics. Not the results. 

You mistake expensive for better. That's not the case. Which was proven. 

Trust me. I will always get what you say. What you need to understand is that the team we had wasn't better. Not the players. Not the manager. Not the tactics. Not the results

You mistake expensive for better. That's not the case. Which was proven. 

We finished 6th last season, we won't finish 6th this season, so however you try to dress it up, last season we were stronger, and had a stronger squad of players relative to the competition..

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Mine that one 

celebration GIF

You may be proved right in time mate, I disagree but it's still early days 😋

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

We finished 6th last season, we won't finish 6th this season, so however you try to dress it up, last season we were stronger, and had a stronger squad of players relative to the competition..

That's fine. But Davis didn't play last season. So what is your point again?

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

On average for 19 goals in the Prem this season if he keeps up this crap start. 

Still annoyed he didn't set that penalty. He's been crap all season while I've had him in Fantasy. I almost gave him up last week, stuck by him, so at least he could have gotten that third goal. 

Let's agree to disagree eh?

I've never actually had this happen to me, but they say sometimes the phone rings and you just know who it is making the call, well today I had a really powerful feeling that he was going to miss the penalty. But wasn't worried as I thought he'd probably complete his hat-trick in the second half (was obviously wrong about that).

Edited by useless

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The season Davis did play we finished in the playoffs and therefore we were much better compared to the other sides in the league. Unless of course we get 12 points from our next 6 games then we could finish in the top 6-8

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Still annoyed he didn't set that penalty. He's been crap all season while I've had him in Fantasy. I almost gave him up last week, stuck by him, so at least he could have gotten that third goal. 

I was confident seeing him step up after seeing his peg pre-season and he just didn't have that same conviction. Leathered it full pelt, top corner pre season then more a lack of power and a bit more telegraphed this time but still took a good save. The keeper flops the other side and he looks an absolute master. 

8 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The season Davis did play we finished in the playoffs and therefore we were much better compared to the other sides in the league. Unless of course we get 12 points from our next 6 games then we could finish in the top 6-8

And it was under Bruceball. Where we signed players with no regards to tactics or philosophy. Just not comperable. And Davis was 2 years younger than Wesley. At the same age Wesley managed a handful of goals in some slovak tinpot league where you and I could score goals.

I like Wesley, but the notion that he is such a much better talent than Davis or is likely to score a whole lot more is based on a very thin data set or no data at all.  But it helps having a fancy brazilian name. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And it was under Bruceball. Where we signed players with no regards to tactics or philosophy. Just not comperable. And Davis was 2 years younger than Wesley. At the same age Wesley managed a handful of goals in some slovak tinpot league where you and I could score goals.

I like Wesley, but the notion that he is such a much better talent than Davis or is likely to score a whole lot more is based on a very thin data set or no data at all.  But it helps having a fancy brazilian name. 

And wesley had only been playing serious football for 4 years and Keinan had been doing it for probably 10 years. Keinan has a had a lot more time to refine his skills. Wesley has been learning from scratch so yes he does have a higher ceiling because isn't close to his skill level yet and he is more athletic than Davis. Obviously there are exceptions like salah jumping from a fast skilled winger to one of the best players in the world in his age 28-29 season. Maybe Davis will one day learn how to score but right now wesley has a higher ceiling because he has less experience and is already better. 

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

We finished 4th in the season Davis made 28 appearances for us. We were a good team in that league and arguably had the best squad. We scored 82 goals that year (3rd highest in the league), with Davis getting 2 of them despite appearing in 60% of our matches.

For reference, that very same season, Wesley scored 7 goals in 28 league matches for Brugge, the same number that Davis played.

They're exactly the same age, both young players were trying to break into the team, and were playing at a similar level, with similar playing time. Wesley comfortably scored 3 times the rate of Davis in a very analogous situation.

There's a reason he cost £22m and starts for us every week and Davis doesn't. He's just not at that level yet, plain and simple. There's no comparison.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Wesley has now taken over McGinn as having more shots on target than any other player for us, he's also third in the entire league, only Abraham and Pukki have had more shots on target. Here.

Makes his conversion rate even worse unfortunately. 

Â