Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Taylor is my go to because he's crap. Hourihane following closely because of his disappearing act. Wes will need a whole season of tripe before he gets into their league.

Christ no, I'll be over the moon. I'm just saying I think he's been poor, goals today won't retrospectively improve previous performances. Don't care much about 2 in 7 or maybe 5 in 7 tbh, he's clearly not a poacher who's going to have quiet seasons but still pick up 15+ goals. If he had 0 goals but had played well, I think we'd have picked up more points already.

He looks self-conscious I think. Unsure of himself. Needs to shake it. Reports from Brugge fans that he was "invincible" as a target man, not seen that yet. PL is 100% a step up but for the size of him, he has to do better holding the ball when it comes to him. He won nothing v Burnley whether a long ball or a ball passed into his feet, every ball was lost, hardly battled for. Keinan wouldn't have lost every ball and Wes has to do better. I'm hoping from Smith's comments he's fired up for Norwich and their heavily injured team.

Brugge fans never said he was a target man. They said he was a false 9 and he looked brilliant in that role today. For me that was the biggest difference in our play aside from targett. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Brugge fans never said he was a target man.

He sure could fool you today. Very much a TM performance. Then again I guess there's not much between a TM and a False 9 at times. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He sure could fool you today. Very much a TM performance. Then again I guess there's not much between a TM and a False 9 at times. 

For me came a lot deeper than he has been making it easier for Grealish, mcginn and El Ghazi to link up with him. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

For me came a lot deeper than he has been making it easier for Grealish, mcginn and El Ghazi to link up with him. 

I don't think so. I just think the rest of the team were standing much further up the pitch. 

I think what I liked the most is that he actually used his physique and didn't do that playacting bullshit. 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any concerns, but 4 goals so far this season is a very good return for a 22yr old kid who is new to the country, in a league that is a big step up from what he is used to. 

Imo he has a much higher ceiling than Davis (incidentally they are similar ages) and in spite of my concerns, the calls to drop him for Davis were/are silly. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am intrigued. Based on what? 

The fact he scores some goals maybe? Kinda important for a striker. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Davis might as well? How can you know when he doesn't play? 

Because he didn't do it in the championship and the PL is much more difficult. I've read absolute rubbish on here over the last couple of week, 'Davis is twice the player' being one that sticks out (I haven't got the inclination to find the post). 

Davis is a long way away from being PL quality, Wesley is basically 1 in 2 this year. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Because he didn't do it in the championship and the PL is much more difficult. I've read absolute rubbish on here over the last couple of week, 'Davis is twice the player' being one that sticks out (I haven't got the inclination to find the post). 

Davis is a long way away from being PL quality, Wesley is basically 1 in 2 this year. 

Davis hardly played in the Championship. He had one season with a lot of subs if I remember correctly, in a MUCH worse team than what Wesley currently is being served by. And Wesley hardly scored a lot in a league much worse than the championship, so the entire argument is a bit weird.

Then you actually talk about ceiling which I assume translates to potential. Now saying Davis has less potential cause he hasn't scored as much as Wesley in the PL, despite not getting the chance is just absurd. 

He might be brazilian and have a big price tag, but there's very little to suggest he has a higher ceiling than Davis. 

People always do this on here. When it doesn't go as well as it should our players are the worst shit in the league. Just a day ago Wesley was bloody awful, didn't even have a 1/3 strike rate, now because we had a 5-1 spanking and a great team performance he suddenly has a much higher ceiling than Davis, for no other reason than his lack of PL goals without playing. 

Lets just say I think that's nonsense. I think Davis got potential to easily score as much as Wesley in the PL. Fact is that they both look like players who won't score a whole lot and need to bring other attributes to the table. Unfortunately for Davis he doesn't have a fancy name on a fancy passport. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Davis hardly played in the Championship. He had one season with a lot of subs if I remember correctly, in a MUCH worse team than what Wesley currently is being served by. And Wesley hardly scored a lot in a league much worse than the championship, so the entire argument is a bit weird.

that's nonsense. 

This is hard work. Firstly, if you think Davis is better/has a higher ceiling then fine, it's all about opinions. 

Secondly, Davis played in a much worse team? Davis played in a top 6 championship team that was better than 90% of the opposition we faced. Wesley is playing in a team that has 2 wins in 8.

So that's nonsense.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

This is hard work. Firstly, if you think Davis is better/has a higher ceiling then fine, it's all about opinions. 

Secondly, Davis played in a much worse team? Davis played in a top 6 championship team that was better than 90% of the opposition we faced. Wesley is playing in a team that has 2 wins in 8.

So that's nonsense.

That's fair enough. I am just trying to make you see the light side.

Yes a much worse team. Our championship team was void of morale and attacking tactics when Davis played most of his matches. Wesley has a team of £ 150 million around him to create chances. Davis had to score from Bruce tactics. Wesley are served by Deano's orders. It's not even fair to compare. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â