Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

42 minutes ago, Awol said:

Without a body incoming Davis won’t be sent on loan anyway, imo. 

I can see Wesley being kept as the "hold up" striker (lazy description, Davis is far better at this role and Wesley seems to prefer moving across the front line, but he's strong so....) with Davis being loaned out and Barry playing a handful of games. 

46 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

If we don't sign new backup striker this summer, who would you rather keep as a backup : Wesley, Davis or both?

Wes for me.

Davis isn’t good enough at all, it’s having a body in the squad that adds nothing.  If we can sell him and get some cash in then great.  Every season he sits there his value is decreasing and he adds nothing.

Wes we have heavy investment in and I’m not sure anybody would buy him at the moment because he’s been out for 18 months so there will be worry there plus they don’t know what kind of player is in there anymore.  From an investment point of view we need to get him games so if he doesn’t really get back at least we can sell for more than his current value.  If he gets back, he’s a far better player than Davis and maybe the second striker we desperately need.  That’s a big if though!

I think the club are mad though if they don’t bring in another striker.

• Like 1

He’s gonna have to learn to deal with this kind of thing, as difficult as it may seem.

Hopefully he’s got it “out of his system” but it’s going to challenging for him…

I can understand the fear or anxiety of getting injured again, especially aggravating the same one…

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s gonna have to learn to deal with this kind of thing, as difficult as it may seem.

Hopefully he’s got it “out of his system” but it’s going to challenging for him…

I can understand the fear or anxiety of getting injured again, especially aggravating the same one…

I can see why he'd get upset about hard tackles in a friendly though. Yeah, you need a bit of action to make them worthwhile, but no need to cause injury.  Guess it depends whether that "earlier tackle" was genuinely dangerous or if he just can't handle the environment anymore. Seems more likely his head isn't in the right place at the moment though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I can see why he'd get upset about hard tackles in a friendly though. Yeah, you need a bit of action to make them worthwhile, but no need to cause injury.  Guess it depends whether that "earlier tackle" was genuinely dangerous or if he just can't handle the environment anymore. Seems more likely his head isn't in the right place at the moment though. 

If I can cut anyone some slack for getting the hump about people going in dangerously on them then it's Wes. I would think he had more than the odd day when he thought he'd never make it back. Having some dickhead go all Rambo in a friendly would get anyone's back up after that surely. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

He did!

Looks like he did, but resolution a bit too low to tell.  The other bloke definitely leant over him as he was getting up,  said something,  and then Wes reacted. Their heads were touching already because the Stoke dude was leaning over him shouting (presumably) abuse at him as Wes stood up.

Then after the headbutt the Stoke guy walks into him to aggravate a further response.

Clever (scummy) play by the Stoke douche.

Doesn't excuse Wes attempting a head butt or the subsequent throat grab and swing.  But the other guy wasn't innocent, and Wes had reason to be somewhat sensitive about things like that in a friendly.

Moving more towards Wes getting the benefit of the doubt here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Looks like he did, but resolution a bit too low to tell.  The other bloke definitely leant over him as he was getting up,  said something,  and then Wes reacted. Their heads were touching already because the Stoke dude was leaning over him shouting (presumably) abuse at him as Wes stood up.

Then after the headbutt the Stoke guy walks into him to aggravate a further response.

Clever (scummy) play by the Stoke douche.

Doesn't excuse Wes attempting a head butt or the subsequent throat grab and swing.  But the other guy wasn't innocent, and Wes had reason to be somewhat sensitive about things like that in a friendly.

Moving more towards Wes getting the benefit of the doubt here. 

To be fair they were both giving it the big one and both should of walked. It's the whole Wesley threw the harm bit and attempted to hurt someone that took the ref to punishing him more than the stoke player.

Just scanned the last few pages and surprised the question hasn't been asked...is he out for the first 3 prem games then or does it not count as it was pre season? Even though I can remember a few players missing opening prem games due to getting sent off in pre season games in the past.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just scanned the last few pages and surprised the question hasn't been asked...is he out for the first 3 prem games then or does it not count as it was pre season? Even though I can remember a few players missing opening prem games due to getting sent off in pre season games in the past.

There was this…

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/18984-wesley-moraes/page/472/?tab=comments#comment-3411528

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess Davis won't be loaned out until August 31st now as he'll be needed for first 3 games as cover on the bench.

Eh, I'm sure we can survive 3 games without cover on the bench with Ollie. Not like Smith is ever gonna willingly sub out Ollie

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Eh, I'm sure we can survive 3 games without cover on the bench with Ollie. Not like Smith is ever gonna willingly sub out Ollie

The manager has his favourites, it shouldn’t be like that but it is for some reason. Don’t get me wrong, I think Watkins is a great centre forward, he leads the line so well but it should be equal across the squad 

On 26/07/2021 at 10:45, bobzy said:

I can see Wesley being kept as the "hold up" striker (lazy description, Davis is far better at this role and Wesley seems to prefer moving across the front line, but he's strong so....) with Davis being loaned out and Barry playing a handful of games. 

Is that in the biblical sense or the MMA fighter sense🤣

I cant see Wesley contributing much if Watkins gets injured/suspended.In fact if Watkins is out for a while I can see us dropping again,like we did last season ( only not as far )

Â