Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tumblerseven said:

Mccormack level waste of money. I thought he will mature and had high hopes this season  but oh well...

Nah. I don't rate him as a player, but McCormack is on a pedastal as our absolute worst signing ever, IMO. And as much as Wesley has underdelivered, he's scored more goals for us in the PL than McCormack managed in the Championship, in a comparatively weaker side.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Silly stuff Wes.

Well hopefully that kicks some up the arse to make sure we get a striker/forward in. We're in a relegation battle if Watkins gets injured right now.

Could take him up to a season to get back where he was, and he was rubbish when he was there. Always in the wrong place, doesn't know how to challenge for a long ball without getting mugged into giving away fouls, wants to play like a 10 but can't control or pass the ball well enough, bit of pace but runs like he's missing a wheel and got nothing of note off the mark to actually get away from anyone.

Someone somewhere made a fortune from this deal. Would love it to come out one day how we became the mugs to pay £20m for him.

Yeah, I don't know what we saw to justify throwing that money out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Silly stuff Wes.

Well hopefully that kicks some up the arse to make sure we get a striker/forward in. We're in a relegation battle if Watkins gets injured right now.

Could take him up to a season to get back where he was, and he was rubbish when he was there. Always in the wrong place, doesn't know how to challenge for a long ball without getting mugged into giving away fouls, wants to play like a 10 but can't control or pass the ball well enough, bit of pace but runs like he's missing a wheel and got nothing of note off the mark to actually get away from anyone.

Someone somewhere made a fortune from this deal. Would love it to come out one day how we became the mugs to pay £20m for him.

That Suso bellend no doubt

• Like 3

I want Wesley to succeed at Villa and he deserves plaudits for coming back from injury, but he will throw away all the good will he's earned if he keeps doing this kind if thing. He was really chippy during his first stint too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I dont see the issue. It was only a headbutt, strangle and punch combo... 😂

Ha, well said Boi, I'm just concerned at how weak Wes's headbutt was, very poor.🤪

Edited by Phil Silvers

I wish the ref had been a bit more grown up and given the nod to our bench, they would have subbed him off. its a pre season friendly ffs.

But its no excuse, Wes was stupid and negatively impacted the pre season build up for both teams.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I want Wesley to succeed at Villa and he deserves plaudits for coming back from injury, but he will throw away all the good will he's earned if he keeps doing this kind if thing. He was really chippy during his first stint too. 

Problem is, he hasn’t come back from injury though. He barely looks like he has a jog in him, let alone a sprint. Currently doesn’t look like he will play football at a decent level again. Hope I’m wrong but look miles away from the standard needed.

Edited by WHY
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ha, well said Boi, I'm just concerned at how weak Wes's headbutt was, very poor.🤪

Yeah poor form tbh. The punch wasn't great either.

I’ve seen the replay and he can’t really complain, but perhaps the ref could have yellow carded him and had a word with the bench to take him straight off. It was a friendly after all. That doesn’t excuse him at all by the way. You’ve got to question his character though if he can manage to get sent off in that way within a few minutes of coming in in a friendly. 

Striker incoming I’d think after witnessing that from our only viable back up CF. 

• Like 1

Â