Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 09/02/2021 at 23:10, Lord Willard said:

I think having 18 months off is really going to hurt his career. Some players get injured for a couple of months and it takes them months to get their form back. 

Players don't usually get to the same level as before their big injuries too, which isn't ideal as we need him to improve and be better than the level he was before. 

Can anyone think of a player with this type of injury and play as well as before or even improve after the injury? Delph?

Gary Gardner - s... before and s... after!

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

That sounds like bad news to me?

Well if it was bad news I don't know why Deano would say " Which helps " and mention him getting into training lol.

He has already been training, I take it to mean he might be closer to joining in with the group properly.

Apparently " Manipulation " is some sort of procedure which enhances/tests flexibility in the joints etc.

From Google:

Knee manipulation is a procedure to treat knee stiffness and decreased range of motion. After trauma or knee surgery, scar tissue can form in your joint. The scar tissue does not allow you to fully bend or straighten your leg. Knee manipulation breaks up the scar tissue that has formed

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Good news it seems?

FB_IMG_1613134145622.jpg

I think the "which has helped" suggests to me that he was back in training, but struggling with an issue. They did some manipulation based on this,  and Wesley is saying it feels better than before when he was in training,  so should be back in training and bit further along the road to recovery.

As to whether it is good or bad for a long term prognosis...who knows. It would be surprising if he didn't need any additional physiotherapy during his recovery so I consider it a positive thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think the "which has helped" suggests to me that he was back in training, but struggling with an issue. They did some manipulation based on this,  and Wesley is saying it feels better than before when he was in training,  so should be back in training and bit further along the road to recovery.

As to whether it is good or bad for a long term prognosis...who knows. It would be surprising if he didn't need any additional physiotherapy during his recovery so I consider it a positive thing.

Based on how extensive the injury was, I can imagine there is ALOT of scar tissue, and definitely will need more therapy.

I mean, I suffered a toe injury playing football over a year and a half ago, swelling and full mobility took quite some to sort itself, and I still get random pains in it from time to time.

So that, on a much grander scale just as an example I guess.

Although, i'm probably more than a decade older than Wesley lol

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well if it was bad news I don't know why Deano would say " Which helps " and mention him getting into training lol.

He has already been training, I take it to mean he might be closer to joining in with the group properly.

Apparently " Manipulation " is some sort of procedure which enhances/tests flexibility in the joints etc.

From Google:

Yep, manipulation is a standard technique in physiotherapy. It does exactly what it says on the tin. The patient is manipulated in order to free up movement in a certain area.

• Like 1

glad to hear its standard.  But given that he had stopped training and will now resume training... I wonder if this has affected his timeline at all?  Frankly I'll be stunned if he's fit and playing in March like the reports are claiming.

2 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

glad to hear its standard.  But given that he had stopped training and will now resume training... I wonder if this has affected his timeline at all?  Frankly I'll be stunned if he's fit and playing in March like the reports are claiming.

I think March wouldn't be too realistic and I think gently ease him back by starting off with a few 10 minute cameos off the bench extending to 20 minutes off the bench after 2 or 3 appearances.

I am not sure wether he starts a game between now and the end of the season though, I think it will be a case that we ease him back into contention gradually.

• Like 2

I have a feeling he'd do a bit better in the current system/squad than the one he was in last year.

Lots of our signings last season look comfortably better this, so no evidence as yet Wes cant be the same. He looked useless at times last year, but so did Trez, Targett, Nakamba and Luiz

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Poor guy. 

Just how unlucky do you have to be, to have that unlikely, clusterf*ck of circumstances come together, to receive such a horrendous tackle/injury, in that location, at that time, while finally having your best game ever for a new club at which you were under immense criticism?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

It’s a long road back, but he has a spark that suggests he has enough to get through this challenge mentally if his body is up to it. I think he will be an asset if he can pick it up, offers something different and hope he blossoms in the newly settled squad. Could be argued in a misfiring newly assembled team he began to show signs of settling into the groove before anyone else, and he had the biggest burden of all in my opinion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The missus is a physio. It is a normal physio activity.

But it means you’re on the table and not on the pitch. “Back at the training ground next week” seems to me he’s had a setback, had some work done, and will see how it goes in a week.

Obviously none of us know 100%, I’m basing that on Deano’s words and he might have just been talking off the cuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

It’s a long road back, but he has a spark that suggests he has enough to get through this challenge mentally if his body is up to it. I think he will be an asset if he can pick it up, offers something different and hope he blossoms in the newly settled squad. Could be argued in a misfiring newly assembled team he began to show signs of settling into the groove before anyone else, and he had the biggest burden of all in my opinion.

I hope he has developed a bit more core and upper body strength during his lay off, for a man with a big frame and an aggressive attitude he struggled to bully centre backs as much as you'd like last season. It would make a big difference to his game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I hope he has developed a bit more core and upper body strength during his lay off, for a man with a big frame and an aggressive attitude he struggled to bully centre backs as much as you'd like last season. It would make a big difference to his game.

I read a snippet about the new Performance Centre we have coming up, said something along the lines of " Villa want their players to be machines ". Will definitely help.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I have a feeling he'd do a bit better in the current system/squad than the one he was in last year.

Lots of our signings last season look comfortably better this, so no evidence as yet Wes cant be the same. He looked useless at times last year, but so did Trez, Targett, Nakamba and Luiz

Who wouldn't? 🤣

Â