Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

12 hours ago, av1 said:

One has scored in the PL, the other hasn't. So yes, Wes. 

This baffles me. A handful of goals while having 3 times the minutes on the pitch isn't impressive. I've watched the both and the movement, fight, urgency is already there in Adams. It's not in Wes. 

They both lack quality, but I'd say taking Adams over Wes at this point is an absolute no brainer. 

8 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Hate is a very strong word, I don't hate him one bit. I just don't think he is very good and was a poor buy. .................Damn I forgot not allowed an opinion on VT!

I think the previous post was aimed at how Che Adams and Jay Rodriguez would have offered more. Even Ings was mentioned even though his goal return at Southampton in his first season was more or the less the same as Wesleys. 

Im not a Wesley fan and I do think he has really struggled this season. But Che Adams would have been better? Really??

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the previous post was aimed at how Che Adams and Jay Rodriguez would have offered more. Even Ings was mentioned even though his goal return at Southampton in his first season was more or the less the same as Wesleys. 

Im not a Wesley fan and I do think he has really struggled this season. But Che Adams would have been better? Really??

Ings had a 242 minute per goal rate in his first season. That's a decent minute per goal return. He just didn't play that muuch in that season. To put it into comparison, Wesley has already played more minutes for us than Ings had with his first season with Southampton. Wesley had a 361.2 minute per goal rate which is quite frankly a bad goal return. Their goal returns are not more or less the same.

16 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Ings had a 242 minute per goal rate in his first season. That's a decent minute per goal return. He just didn't play that muuch in that season. To put it into comparison, Wesley has already played more minutes for us than Ings had with his first season with Southampton. Wesley had a 361.2 minute per goal rate which is quite frankly a bad goal return. Their goal returns are not more or less the same.

Ok fair enough, I was just looking at games to goals. 

To be fair to Wesley though Ings has had several more years in this league so is a lot more established.

• Like 1

Lets be honest here. If we stay in the PL, Wesley will never ever be a first choice striker at this club again, unless he develops massively. And that's the crux of it. Just a straight up shite purchase. 

Hope he comes back from this. I hope he develops, but I just can't see it. There's too much fundamental stuff missing that's very hard to coach into a player. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lets be honest here. If we stay in the PL, Wesley will never ever be a first choice striker at this club again, unless he develops massively. And that's the crux of it. Just a straight up shite purchase. 

Hope he comes back from this. I hope he develops, but I just can't see it. There's too much fundamental stuff missing that's very hard to coach into a player. 

I think that's something everyone agrees on!

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw a video on FB of Wesley walking. He did have stick so clearly still has an awfully long way to go, but it was nice to see. 

Get well soon big fella. 

• 5 weeks later...

Good to hear he is doing well, think the games we played between his injury and Samatta signing showed we missed him. Think its a partnership that could work if it was tested

• Like 3

With all the shit going on and our captain being a knob, I feel quite guilty that I've been so negative about a player, whose only crime was he wasn't good enough at this moment in his career.

Glad to see him on the mend and looking forward to seeing how he progresses once life gets back to normal. 

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

With all the shit going on and our captain being a knob, I feel quite guilty that I've been so negative about a player, whose only crime was he wasn't good enough at this moment in his career.

Glad to see him on the mend and looking forward to seeing how he progresses once life gets back to normal. 

In my opinion, Wesley has shown some potential in a Villa shirt, he has scored a few goals for us and he can bully opposing defences

• Like 2

I just hope that our coaches has had him spending a lot of his time while in recovery to study videos of running patterns, movement, tactics and stuff like that to improve his overall understanding of the game and of his role.

The way he played you could see that he was late into the game, he lacked some basic football intelligence.

It's nice that he's on the mend but if he comes back stronger than ever but with the same flaws it's all kinda pointless.

On 16/02/2020 at 11:34, Zatman said:

Wesley is a much better player than Che Adams, Adams cant get into the team ahead of Shane Long and Obafemi at Southampton

Exactly.

Both roughly the same age, one has played champions league football, moved countries and started playing for a top international side. 

• Like 1

Â