Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

What has Wesley got to his game, as a striker, that Engels doesn’t? Genuine question. 

I give up. You win 

Just now, av1 said:

I give up. You win 

It was a simple question. You’re bashing me for saying we should play Engels up front. As ludicrous as it sounds, tell me what Wesley has to his game, that makes him a better option than Engels as our main striker.

1 minute ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

He’s had half a season and has shown no discernible sign of improvement. I don’t even know what his main attributes are. Can’t head the ball, can’t shoot, can’t hold it up and isn’t quick. 

To those people that keep saying to give him more time, what are you seeing that could be nurtured? 

4 goals before playing champions of Europe, champions of the PL, former best team in the PL, recent PL champions....all teams we have played in the last run of games.  Now we go against lesser teams, let’s see how he does against them.  

He had scored 4 goals before that run and let’s see if he can pick up 2 or 3 goals in the next 6 games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

4 goals before playing champions of Europe, champions of the PL, former best team in the PL, recent PL champions....all teams we have played in the last run of games.  Now we go against lesser teams, let’s see how he does against them.  

He had scored 4 goals before that run and let’s see if he can pick up 2 or 3 goals in the next 6 games

Yay, the easy games!!! Woo, Go Wesley! 

Jesus, there are still Wesley defenders?

Here's the thing about him being judged in difficult games. All our other forwards have been scoring in spite of going up against difficult teams. All our other forwards have been providing assists during this time as well. So why is it that Wesley can be excused for not being able to score or assist in our team when all our other forwards can?

Not mention the fact that we've also had 2 "easy" games in Brighton and Newcastle where he failed to score. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If i didn't know better i would think whoever recommended this signing were trying to sabotage our football club.

If I didn't know better I would think that there are lots of opposition fans trying sabotage a Villa forum. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Yay, the easy games!!! Woo, Go Wesley! 

Oh that’s right we should be beating Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester with ease after just coming up from the championship.

You are just trolling now! I’m going to go now and do something different with my evening because this is not discussion that I enjoy, this is just trolling!

• Like 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

You’re late to the party. It’s not so much about Wesley as a player now, it’s more about the teams we’re playing. We’ve had a tough run so we need to cut him some slack. We shouldn’t expect our players to compete in these matches, we only need to focus on playing and beating the lesser teams. 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes, but what are his attributes? 

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

There are also people that want defenders played as strikers. It takes all sorts. 

Just now, nick76 said:

Oh that’s right we should be beating Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester with ease after just coming up from the championship.

You are just trolling now! I’m going to go now and do something different with my evening because this is not discussion that I enjoy, this is just trolling!

Where did I say we should be beating any of those teams? 

Is it wrong for me to expect our centre forward to control the ball in the matches against them? 

Just now, av1 said:

There are also people that want defenders played as strikers. It takes all sorts. 

I think you're being unfair right there. Pretty sure he was saying something along the lines of "might as well put Engles up there because surely he can't do any worse than Wesley", not that he specifically  wanted Engles to play up there. 

I've defended him up to now, but sorry this lad isn't a top level footballer.

He has zero attributes needed to be a centre forward. Can't head, can't shoot,. Can't dribble. Can't run with ball.

Dreadful footballer. Hopefully Davis is back next week so we can have a break from having to watch him.

How kodija cannot get minutes at the moment is laughable

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I’m still waiting for your answer, av1. What has Wesley got to his game as a striker, that makes him a better option than Engels as our striker.

The fact he is a striker that has scored goals. 

Â