Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

he doesn’t seem to be an out-and-out striker, to me. He’s a player who spends a lot of time outside the 18-yard box.

“Have Villa brought him to link the play?

Cascerino in his rambling may have accidentally hit upon something here. Smith is more than capable of changing style of play., He may have plans for how he wants to play next season and Weseley fits that mold. Preseason will e interesting.

14 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Yeah, he must feel very bitter knowing he wasn't quite as good as Ian Olney!

Glen Hoddle once said, back when Michael Owen was just coming into the England team, that he didn’t think he was a natural goal scorer. More incredibly someone, I can’t remember who, said that Thierry Henry also wasn’t a natural goal scorer. 

My point is, in the right set up some strikers thrive. Perhaps they wouldn’t have been as prolific had they played elsewhere. Hopefully we create the right environment for all of our players to play at their best. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Glen Hoddle once said, back when Michael Owen was just coming into the England team, that he didn’t think he was a natural goal scorer. More incredibly someone, I can’t remember who, said that Thierry Henry also wasn’t a natural goal scorer. 

My point is, in the right set up some strikers thrive. Perhaps they wouldn’t have been as prolific had they played elsewhere. Hopefully we create the right environment for all of our players to play at their best. 

To be fair Henry was initially a winger/ inside forward, he developed in to the Henry we all know after joining arsenal and originally was not known for being a prolific goalscorer.

What a player he turned in to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Any update on this?seems to have all gone very quiet

Probably just waiting for the weekend to end so the money transfer to the guys who handles the work permits can come through.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Big money signings from lesser leagues always unnerve me. I think it harks back to Norwich buying Ricky van wolfswinkel for about 20m and him to score 1 goal in 25. 

For every van Wolfswinkel there is a Kompany. Chill your beans, all will be well. 

On 22/06/2019 at 09:07, ciggiesnbeer said:

Cascerino in his rambling may have accidentally hit upon something here. Smith is more than capable of changing style of play., He may have plans for how he wants to play next season and Weseley fits that mold. Preseason will e interesting.

That seems rather negative.

• Haha 4

On 22/06/2019 at 02:25, Newry_Villan said:

Tony Cascerino and Noel Whelen have no right to criticise any strikers goal return.

I think its impressive that Cascarino and Noel Whelan are experts on the Belgian league.

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Big money signings from lesser leagues always unnerve me. I think it harks back to Norwich buying Ricky van wolfswinkel for about 20m and him to score 1 goal in 25. 

Benteke, Lukaku, Defour, De Bruyne, Courtois seemed to do OK coming from the Belgian league

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

For every van Wolfswinkel there is a Kompany. Chill your beans, all will be well. 

If only that were true! Probably more like for every 5 Wolfswinkels there is a Kompany. We need to be prepared for this guy to be a flop. It’s football, it happens. Obvs hope it will be the other outcome. 😀

Â