Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Tekker's price tag was what, 8m?

Yes and we all well know that since we brought tekkers prices have skyrocketed, so there is no point trying to compare price tags.

15 minutes ago, momo said:

So that's why Tammy Abraham was moved to Other Football. Somebody knew something. We need them both, though.

Tammy won't settle for no 2 and I doubt this wesley will either, now I think Maupay would settle for a no2 spot 😉

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

this surprised me on newcastle forum

Re: NUFC Minor/Untrusted Transfer Rumours (Summer 2019)

Post by Bodacious Benny » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:08 pm

Yeah, £22m deal agreed. We can't be expected to compete with Villa tbf.

Not to make it all about the Geordies but I took that to reflect their annoyance with Ashley rather than them comparing the stature of both clubs. 

Basically they don’t appear to be expecting to compete with anyone financially because Ashley won’t cough up and significant cash.

Anyway, welcome Wes. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So now you know he doesn't have a low profile, does that change how you feel about it?

I said "relatively low profile" and I based it on the fact that not only had I not heard of him, most of us on here and on Villa Twitter hadn't either. 

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Newcastle fans seem salty about it :crylaugh:

Well these premier sides will hate losing out to a newly promoted side like us, salty is a light salted word I'd use for being pissed off with us.

39 minutes ago, maqroll said:

25m is a huge fee for a player with his relatively low profile. Nothing in the YT clips suggests to me that he's that dynamic a player. In Dean we trust I guess..

Not even all the screamers he scores in them? Tough crowd ha!

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I said "relatively low profile" and I based it on the fact that not only had I not heard of him, most of us on here and on Villa Twitter hadn't either. 

Unless you play fifa 😆

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Have they cunningly sold us their stadium announcer? 

I love how they chop his name down to Wes. Why didn't other clubs do it?

Ron, Will, Al, Rob, Paul, Ed, Dung, Kak, Soc, Hul, Marc, Taff etc. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

What's a high profile signing then? 

I'm digging because I'm thinking generally people are still a bit shell shocked by what has happened over the last 3 years. 'High profile' of the type you're describing costs £50m. £20m buys you a promising young striker with potential who you probably won't have heard of. Or a good Championship striker it seems. 

Credit: https://www.mg.superesportes.com.br/app/noticias/futebol/futebol-internacional/2018/11/10/noticia_futebol_internacional,550776/ex-atletico-destaque-do-brugge-e-cobicado-por-potencias-como-bayern.shtml 

Dismissed by Atletico, highlighted in Belgium and coveted by Bayern: know the story of striker Wesley Moraes

Striker Wesley Moraes of Club Brugge of Belgium is one of the new promises of European football. With a goal from outside the area, the 1.91m "giant" played an important part in the Belgians' 4-0 win over Monaco in France for the fourth round of the group stage on Tuesday. Champions League. Born in the mining town of Juiz de Fora, Wesley told Superesportes about his career, the future and his brief stint at Atletico.

Â