Sign in to follow this  
villa89

Pre-match thread

Surprised Jota hasn’t got the start either. For me him and Guilbert were the best two for us in preseason. 

Wow. That's a surprise line up. Guilbert fit and not even on the bench. Hope draining by the second. 

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Surprised by the line up. Maybe he feels Taylor and Elmo are better defenders and better suited to today. 

Lets get behind them!! UTV

They ain't better at anything. At all. Actually, Elmo crossing +1. Everything else a negative.

I'm dreading this. Taylor is going to get destroyed and Jota should've 100% been playing. 

Unless of course they're ill/injured or something but then they shouldn't be on the bench. 

4-0 spuds 

Clearly a trap - Spurs will send 10 men wide either side seeing we've fielded two championship players there meanwhile soon as we get the ball we give it to McGinn who runs straight down the middle at warp speed, 1 2 with Wesley and Bob's your uncle. 

• Like 1

I think Smith wants a bit more Premier League experience and solidarity in defence today. I'm not sure it's going to work out, but Taylor and Elmo have played in the Premier League before. I can understand the mentality to some extent as Guilbert and Targett are more attack minded, but I do worry that Taylor is going to get absolutely assaulted today. 

• Like 1

Shocked by the full backs. I guess Targett and Guilbert are going to be the thrusting forward options. Taylor and Elmo the ‘let’s cross from deep and not get caught on the break’. 

So, with Elmo, he’s twinning him with Trez and not Jota. 

What the **** is that line up. Seriously?! I mean, seriously!?!! Taylor and elmo?! Hourihane in a game you expect to have backs against the wall?? 

How to throw away a game before a ball is kicked 101

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Surprised Jota hasn’t got the start either. For me him and Guilbert were the best two for us in preseason. 

I think El Ghazi and Trez are more dangerous on the counter attack.  I'm not sure what's going on with the full backs though, I guess Guilbert must have a knock or illness to not be on the bench.

At least targett is on the bench, so when it’s clear Taylor isn’t working he can substitute him. 

Completely unrelated but what are the odds are for a substitute in the first 10 minutes?