Pre-match thread

villa89

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Surprised by the line up. Maybe he feels Taylor and Elmo are better defenders and better suited to today. 

Lets get behind them!! UTV

They ain't better at anything. At all. Actually, Elmo crossing +1. Everything else a negative.

Clearly a trap - Spurs will send 10 men wide either side seeing we've fielded two championship players there meanwhile soon as we get the ball we give it to McGinn who runs straight down the middle at warp speed, 1 2 with Wesley and Bob's your uncle. 

• Like 1

I think Smith wants a bit more Premier League experience and solidarity in defence today. I'm not sure it's going to work out, but Taylor and Elmo have played in the Premier League before. I can understand the mentality to some extent as Guilbert and Targett are more attack minded, but I do worry that Taylor is going to get absolutely assaulted today. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Surprised Jota hasn’t got the start either. For me him and Guilbert were the best two for us in preseason. 

I think El Ghazi and Trez are more dangerous on the counter attack.  I'm not sure what's going on with the full backs though, I guess Guilbert must have a knock or illness to not be on the bench.

Will say this much. I remember in his last game last season with Brentford before he joined us, he made several changes against a Leeds side who were in great form. Brentford were going well also. He completely nullified every thing they were good at. Good manager. I trust him. #UTV

• Like 2