Pre-match thread

villa89

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Easy to say in hindsight. I probably would’ve agreed, knowing the pain of losing to Fulham, imagine being in there with them... 

The whole day (until the final whistle), the whole match was agony, genuinely, I really didn’t enjoy it. The best moment for me was Steer catching and holding the ball right at the very end because I knew the seconds were running down.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I'd love Mings to leave one in on Kane early doors. Nothing filthy, just to let them know we aren't here to roll over and have our bellies tickled.

I think the term you are looking for is “ reducer”...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The whole day (until the final whistle), the whole match was agony, genuinely, I really didn’t enjoy it. The best moment for me was Steer catching and holding the ball right at the very end because I knew the seconds were running down.

It was never in doubt. 

4 minutes ago, CanVillan said:

Just signed up for the streaming service, first month free so I have to check it out.

Totally pumped for today, all the best!

All I can say to you Canadians is CURSE YOU! I've tried in vain in sign up to DAZN albeit from afar and last time we were in the prem this sort of thing was easy. Now they insist on actual Canadian money! Ah well, plan B has been enacted, the wife has some Australian relatives I've never met before but am sure they can help me out with Optus...

43 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Virtually impossible to guess the lineup BUT, I think we will go:

Heaton

Guilbert   Engels   Mings  Targett     

Marvelous 

McGinn                Grealish

Jota              Wesley           El Ghazi

Agree with most of this but I think hourihane will start over marvellous. 

I would personally go Nakamba and Trezeguet over Hourihane and Jota, but I don't think it will happen. Reckon Hourihane is too weak as a DM to play there against Spurs and Jota isn't fast or strong enough to get at their full back, but that's my view. We'll see what happens during the game - hopefully those two players prove me wrong. 

16 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I would personally go Nakamba and Trezeguet over Hourihane and Jota, but I don't think it will happen. Reckon Hourihane is too weak as a DM to play there against Spurs and Jota isn't fast or strong enough to get at their full back, but that's my view. We'll see what happens during the game - hopefully those two players prove me wrong. 

Just my two cents, but i don't think the plan is for Jota to attack Rose. Jota will come in field and hopefully rose gets dragged out too and Guilbert can act it then.

Jota has been incredible in pre season so this isn't a slight on on him, but i think outright pace is the order of the day today so I'd go with Trez and Anwar on the wings. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

All I can say to you Canadians is CURSE YOU! I've tried in vain in sign up to DAZN albeit from afar and last time we were in the prem this sort of thing was easy. Now they insist on actual Canadian money! Ah well, plan B has been enacted, the wife has some Australian relatives I've never met before but am sure they can help me out with Optus...

See if you can find a Canadian to pay and then you pay pal them back?

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

See if you can find a Canadian to pay and then you pay pal them back?

Cheers - yeah good plan, will hit up the relatives first them turn desperately to anyone on here promoting themselves as Canadian!

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Cheers - yeah good plan, will hit up the relatives first them turn desperately to anyone on here promoting themselves as Canadian!

There must be tonnes. Just leave some maple syrup under a cage and when you wake up there will be loads lured there

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

State of the art stadium

Ticket didn’t scan

Cashless till didn’t work (. 10 min)

Not covered . So getting wet, and burnt lol.

Ouch.  Sorry, mate.  

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

State of the art stadium

Ticket didn’t scan

Cashless till didn’t work (. 10 min)

Not covered . So getting wet, and burnt lol.

And you won't give a shit about any of it when we pick up 3 points 😋