Pre-match thread

villa89

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Just got myself signed to Australias PL broadcaster, and at $15 per month for the majority of football across the globe, I'm very happy.

Even the Mrs is on board this season. Normally telling her that Villa is on at 2am is meant with some groaning and the complaint that I might wake the kids up (which I never do). 

Only problem I have is whether to stay up the whole way through till 2am or sneak a nap in prior to kick off.

I tried and it didn't work for me. I went through Google Play for the app. It says it is installed, but its not there.

I gave up.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

I tried and it didn't work for me. I went through Google Play for the app. It says it is installed, but its not there.

I gave up.

I can try and help mate, Ive got it installed and ready to go! What device did you install it on to.

• Thanks 1

As a proud villan living in London, I have been wearing various villa shirts around the place the last couple of years. After the play off final, I have been getting a lot of comments/chants. A lot of these have been positive (a non villa fan started singing ‘we are premier league’ at me on the high street), but equally there have been a lot of jibes - genuinely think a lot of people are worried about us, and turning spurs over today would only help with that. All I hope for though is that we at least give them a quality game - I have been running my mouth to anyone who will listen about our transfer business to try and spread the love, so a stuffing could really cause me some issues.

2-1 villa - SJM+Guilbert, Kane

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BigJim said:

He which hath no stomach to this fight, let him depart…

He that shall live this day, and see old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say

This is the day we battered the Spuds

Actually I think I might be having chips tonight

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just start the Allez chant at the moment of kick off and don’t stop til 90+ mins!

No doubt they will try to drown it out with world football's most boring chant. Oh. When. The. Spurs. Go. Marching. Innnnn. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

Sitting in the spuds end 👀

wish me luck 

Good luck I couldn’t do it!

I turned down Wembley playoff final because the tickets were in the Derby end. I agonised over it but the thought of losing and being in amongst them. I regret that decision.

Can't believe all the bottle jobs who think we are going to get pummelled or saying take the point.

I'm even reading stuff like "we will have to go long to counter their high press"

we are still on the back of an amazing run of form.

I remember going to the emirates for the first time and leading for most of the game O'neills first game after a massive rebuilding job. 

we can go there with no fear this one is up for grabs.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Good luck I couldn’t do it!

I turned down Wembley playoff final because the tickets were in the Derby end. I agonised over it but the thought of losing and being in amongst them. I regret that decision.

Easy to say in hindsight. I probably would’ve agreed, knowing the pain of losing to Fulham, imagine being in there with them... 

Virtually impossible to guess the lineup BUT, I think we will go:

Heaton

Guilbert   Engels   Mings  Targett     

Marvelous 

McGinn                Grealish

Jota              Wesley           El Ghazi