RasenBallsport Leipzig (Aug 3)

limpid

I assume we are likely to see something close to our starting 11 v Spurs for this one...are we thinking;

Steer

Guilbert Engels Mings Targett

Douglas

Grealish SJM

Trezeguet* Wesley El Ghazi*

*or will Jota start one side in place of either Trezeguet/El Ghazi- he has looked very impressive so far..wonder if Dean Smith is thinking of starting him..he links up so well with others, especially Grealish, I could see him getting the nod...

Hoping this one will be on YouTube.....also hoping Leipzig manage it and provide their own commentary team......even if it's in German it'll make more sense than Jack Woodward and if they manage it we might get to see the whole game.......shambles on Saturday.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hoping this one will be on YouTube.....also hoping Leipzig manage it and provide their own commentary team......even if it's in German it'll make more sense than Jack Woodward and if they manage it we might get to see the whole game.......shambles on Saturday.

There is this wierd thing call the Mute button....or just put some music on.

Anyway very much looking forward to this.

Leipzig are major pressing team and have finished 2nd, 6th and 3rd in their three seasons in Bundesliga. Not a very popular team over there but have lots of quality. Also have appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their new coach, he did brilliant work at Hoffenheim over last 4 seasons. He turned 32 last week......

Players to look out for....Dayot Upamenco (French CB linked to Barcelona recently), Yussuf Poulsen, striker who can play centrally or out wide and was regular for Denmark at last World cup, Timo Wener (german striker at last world cup), Christopher Nkunku (midfielder at PSG last season) and of course signed Amapdu and Lookman in last week.

Nice stadium aswell, it hosted matches in 2006 WC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stevomanila said:

I assume we are likely to see something close to our starting 11 v Spurs for this one...are we thinking;

Steer

Douglas

Grealish SJM

Trezeguet* Wesley El Ghazi*

*or will Jota start one side in place of either Trezeguet/El Ghazi- he has looked very impressive so far..wonder if Dean Smith is thinking of starting him..he links up so well with others, especially Grealish, I could see him getting the nod...

Yeah think Jota is a cert to start on Saturday and Spurs given his storming pre season. Have to remember Trezeguet is new to English football so is settling in and learning English, think he'll be impact sub in our first 5-6 games unless Jota massively flops when the real stuff starts. Even then could see Kodjia or new signing coming in out wide.

Think that will be our starting back 5 and midfield pretty much picks itself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

There is this wierd thing call the Mute button....or just put some music on.

Anyway very much looking forward to this.

Leipzig are major pressing team and have finished 2nd, 6th and 3rd in their three seasons in Bundesliga. Not a very popular team over there but have lots of quality. Also have appointed Julian Nagelsmann as their new coach, he did brilliant work at Hoffenheim over last 4 seasons. He turned 32 last week......

Players to look out for....Dayot Upamenco (French CB linked to Barcelona recently), Yussuf Poulsen, striker who can play centrally or out wide and was regular for Denmark at last World cup, Timo Wener (german striker at last world cup), Christopher Nkunku (midfielder at PSG last season) and of course signed Amapdu and Lookman in last week.

Nice stadium aswell, it hosted matches in 2006 WC.

Sorry Jack, didn't mean to offend you.

• Haha 4

This will be a real good game and a proper test. This is where we will see how far off the pace we are. A draw here would actually be a good result for us, they are a good side with some talented players and a very highly rated coach in Nagelsmann.

I think Jota will start and will surely be as close to the first XI for Spurs.

Steer

Guilbert      Engels     Mings     Targett

Hourihane SJM Grealish

El Ghazi                                  Jota 

Wesley  

• Like 3

------------------------Steer------------------------

Guilbert-------Engels--Mings------Targett

-----------------------Luiz-------------------------------

--------------McGinn-----Jack----------------------

Jota-----------------Wesley--------------------El Ghazi

Edited by villalad21

15 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would give Douglas Luiz a start. See if he can manage 60 minutes at least. Can't say I'm that confident with Hourihane as a DM v Spurs and having to track likes of Son and Dele Alli.

Thankfully Son is suspended for our game.  Small silver linings etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wedge said:

I'd give my right arm to go to this, damn annual leave allowance! Hopefully it won't be too long before our next European away day...

Flights are absolutely crock of shite, Looked at every option, Berlin, Frankfurt, Nuremberg, Prague, Crap times and bloody expensive 

20 hours ago, andykeenan said:

This game will be live on Premier 1 on Sky at 2.30pm

Any chance you can make a one off payment (alá NOW TV) for the game if you’re already a sky subscriber? And does anyone know of this means we won’t be showing the game on our YouTube channel?

EDIT. Ignore. Just seen on the ‘Coverage’ thread that can only view it on Premier 1

Edited by roonst83

I'd like to see Heaton between the sticks. If he's going to start against Spurs he needs 90mins here. I'd also like to see Luiz or Marvelous in that DM role but I don't think either will feature. I think we will see this team:

Heaton

Hourihane

Jota Grealish McGinn ElGhazi

Wesley

On 31/07/2019 at 22:49, andykeenan said:

This game will be live on Premier 1 on Sky at 2.30pm

Well there goes any hope of it being on Youtube then.

We have Sky Sports but when I looked at this channel - it says "Upgrade your Subscription to view this Channel" - I think it's £11.99 per month so there's no chance of that - like above, can't we just make a one off payment or please put it on You Tube .  Is this channel not part of Sky Sports then?  As it says Sky Premier, I assumed it was part of the Sky Sports package !

My personal line-up for this one would be:

Heaton, Targett, Mings, Engels, Guilbert, Nakamba, Grealish, Mcginn, Hassan, Wesley, Jota.

I'm assuming douglas Luiz won't be available so left him out???

Â