Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s happened to the Philips thread? Seems to be a lot of talk about packers and cheeseheads? 🤔

Keeping on topic....all eyes on whether he plays tonight?

Even if he doesn’t play it’s not a cert he’s leaving. The main one to look out for is if he gets on that plane to Australia . Hopefully by then he’s a villa player anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s happened to the Philips thread? Seems to be a lot of talk about packers and cheeseheads? 🤔

Keeping on topic....all eyes on whether he plays tonight?

Yeah, but that's hours and hours away so... Go Pack Go!

If Phillips isnt in that line up tonight...

Meltdown!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah, but that's hours and hours away so... Go Pack Go!

If Phillips isnt in that line up tonight...

Meltdown!!

Meltdown haha, you'd think he was better than Kante!!!

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can’t see why Phillips would stay at Leeds tbh, despite being a Leeds fan. Money talks and so does the Premier League.

The fan argument won out for Grealish... no idea if Phillips has the same level of adoration for Leeds, but it's definitely a factor.

Just spoke to two Leeds fans and they are not worried. They think he will sign a new contract with a get out clause that if they don’t go up next season he can leave. The vibe is the player doesn’t want to leave and won’t put in a transfer request .

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just spoke to two Leeds fans and they are not worried. They think he will sign a new contract with a get out clause that if they don’t go up next season he can leave. The vibe is the player doesn’t want to leave and won’t put in a transfer request .

Wouldn't be surprising if that was the case. Maybe he's simply waiting for their chairman to realise he needs to up his contract offer. 

My problem with it is, that I don’t think he wants to leave yet. That puts a dampener on it for me. If he has a great season at Leeds next season, but they fail to go up, then there will be a lot of competition for him. It kind of seems like it’s now or never for us to get him. If we want him that bad make them an offer that will seriously make them think. Do we have any other DM we are looking at?

Seems alot of Leeds fans think he is staying now as 1 of the board (think it is) told the fans last night that Phillips is staying.I just cant see him coming even though I want him to just think he will be same as Jack last year and stay 1 last year.

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My problem with it is, that I don’t think he wants to leave yet. That puts a dampener on it for me. If he has a great season at Leeds next season, but they fail to go up, then there will be a lot of competition for him. It kind of seems like it’s now or never for us to get him. If we want him that bad make them an offer that will seriously make them think. Do we have any other DM we are looking at?

If this is the case I’d be surprised if we don’t have an alternative. I’m assume Villa know his intentions better than any of us and acting based on that. 

• Like 1

If he has decided to stay then I wish him well. As disappointing as it is from a selfish point of view, it's also nice to see local lads stick out with the club they grow up with if they can.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That does depend who you ask. The fans I know think it will be out of his hands.

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I agree but think that the time is now for him too. A season is a longtime out of the limelight even if he has a good season. Next season we’ll have moved on, the clubs that come up may not need/want/can afford him and there may well be a new kid on the block that’s everyone’s must have DM. 

If he stays he’s gambling on Leeds getting promoted, something they haven’t managed in 15 years. They blew it last season under the best coach they’ve had in years. Bielsa has in the past been somewhat volatile, nobody would bet their house that he wouldn’t just storm off at some point. He’s got a bid decision to make. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Hope you weren't sayin that on the day of the playoff final.

Aaaah, the playoff final. Thanks for the reminder.    :)

Â