Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I heard he has started using the words ‘the’ and ‘to’ when he’s speaks.

Its happening!!

Booked in for speech classes 11am Friday to remove "reet" from his vocabulary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow these last few pages...amazing how many people who quite clearly know nothing about what's going on make out they know if he's coming/staying for certain.

Why not just be honest and say...no idea what's going on...as none of us have!?

The guy who spoke to the chap in Leeds gave the best insight, at least that was something of substance that COULD have been true.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Wow these last few pages...amazing how many people who quite clearly know nothing about what's going on make out they know if he's coming/staying for certain.

Why not just be honest and say...no idea what's going on...as none of us have!?

The guy who spoke to the chap in Leeds gave the best insight, at least that was something of substance that COULD have been true.

Do you honestly expect a thread like this to contain no wild conjecture? Keeps things interesting till we learn the proper news.

Be a dull thread if it wasnt like this!

I wonder if the recent cash injection from NSWE is to do with the fact we will pay poss Phillips fee in a lump sum rather than staggered instalments  .... not saying it’s gunna be £30mill but a big chunk of it will be ...

We have a nice mix of optimism, cynicism @hippo and realism @Tom13 on VT today, Phillips would be an excellent addition, no doubt overpriced but with bags of potential and as @TrentVilla said, he did a superb job on Grealish last season.

I believe something is clearly happening with the player but I'm equally not certain that he's definitely coming to us but he does fit the mold in that he's young and versatile with a future sell on value.

Whatever happens today, it's good to see that we are building a team for the future too. Leeds imploding and Bruce rumoured to be on his way to NUFC are simply the cherries on top of the icing in my view..

• Like 3

Living & working in Leeds, Leeds fans today are worried as Phillips wasn't at their kit launch last night, in some of their own words "Our worst 3 players turned up to it".

In all honestly why wouldn't arguably their best player/one of their own not be the centre piece to their kit launch?

I've had my doubts about this, as my own thoughts were it was all a smokescreen and we were trying to land Jansson but that's obviously not happened.  I now  think Phillips might be a goer.

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if the recent cash injection from NSWE is to do with the fact we will pay poss Phillips fee in a lump sum rather than staggered instalments  .... not saying it’s gunna be £30mill but a big chunk of it will be ...

Hopefully we've said to Leeds, "you can have £18m now or spread the £25m asking price across 5 years."

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think landing Mings was probably the most important move this summer but I have to say on par with that this guy is the one I really want.

When we were first linked with him I wasn't sure but thinking back to our game at Leeds he was probably the best player on the pitch and certainly did the best job on Grealish that I've seen.

I really think this lad is a talent, very capable to making a serious impact at PL level and with potential to be an England player. I think he is potentially a bit special.

If we could add him to McGinn and Jack in our midfield I think that would be a great combination for a newly promoted side and would give us such a solid core both defensively and I think for going forward.

No idea if we have a chance of landing him or not, I'd guess that if we sign Heaton rather than Butland it would make it financially more possible at least.

Really got my fingers crossed this one happens.

Was just thinking this as I was making a cup of tea waiting for the kettle to boil. We would win the ball back and give it to Jack a lot.

43 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Booked in for speech classes 11am Friday to remove "reet" from his vocabulary. 

Let's hope the classes are conducted by different people than those who ran Agbonlahor's. 

I live in Leeds and Philip's is my sons favourite player (despite the fact my son was born in Birmingham and supports man city) if we land Philips I hope that it will entice my son to support villa. 

I hope my post provides some clarity and clears things up somewhat. 

Â