Charlton Athletic (Jul 27)

limpid

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We need a natural goalscorer to come in....One who has movement in their DNA.

Yeah other than Wesley I wouldn't trust any of our current players to play the kind role up front

We play some wonderful stuff at times and still haven't had our best 11 out there together. The more they play together the better they will become and we still have some to come in yet.

We only have to be better than 3 other teams but I'm seeing a top half finish for us. 

We are going to surprise a lot of people this season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We won’t see the best of us until after Christmas, I have no idea what our best team will look like. We still have players to come in!

Dean Smith teams hit the ground running.

37 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Slow start from us, due to a few players being short on minutes or even not having any action so far for the team. Very encouraging to see us go at them for the entirety of the game. Second half performance was a lot better, Jota and Guilbert stood out from the subs for me. SJM with two brilliant goals, especially the second.

Can see us worrying a lot of Premier League teams in the coming season, Leipzig will be a great test. Wonder if Smith will go with our strongest side for that one?

Depends on how much rest Wesley needs.

46 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Partridge back commentating and the stream is inevitably piss poor. Ahaaaaaa!

Can’t change everything. Don’t want to “do a Fulham” to our streaming services. 

I think perhaps this performance will push Smith & co into buying that fabled second forward. Our youngsters aren't ready and Hogan, while seemingly a good lad with great work ethics, has no business at all being in the premier league. He needs to go somewhere else to rebuild his confidence and career, and he needs to realise this himself.

I was happy with how Charlton played. They caused a few problems in the middle third. And they were able to get to our back line too. Im looking forward to see how Leipzig play against us as that will give us a better understanding of where we are.

On 15/07/2019 at 10:27, Rugeley Villa said:

Just over 200 left out of 3.000. Taking my son to his first time in the smoke .

Hey fella, I think I saw you rushing to find your seats a couple mins before kick off, hope mini Rugeley, had a good day, 

• Like 1

I really hope we play our strongest/expected 11 versus Leipzig to give them a game to gel.

Really don't want to see Taylor starting alongside Mings etc.

Does anyone know when douglas joins officially?, we really need a player at DM but it would be a concern that he won't be match fit/match sharp for the spurs game if he doesn't get any minutes in pre season...

Â