Charlton Athletic (Jul 27)

limpid

not gonna lie, lansbury looks better than hourihane in the deeper role.

not that it matters as hopefully it will be luiz.

hogan missed tho.....nice pass by jota.

• Like 2

"He's been an excellent servant for Charlton for..."

Then Woodward trails off as he realises he has no idea how long he's played for Charlton for. :crylaugh:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I know he isn’t popular but Hogan looks far better as an option than Davis in my opinion 

Davis for me looked like a player that has just accepted he won't be involved, where as Hogan as poor as he has been , he never stops trying

Not the best performance, some decent goals and good fitness work.

Jota I think has worked his way into the side over pre-season.

There are going to be lots of interesting conversations about line ups for this season - especially if we add a couple more players.

I know there have been some things to be concerned about today, but the one major takeaway is that we look head and shoulders better than Championship level which fills me with hope. It was a concern that despite the signings we hadn't progressed much, but smashing a Championship side 4-1 when their season starts next week is good to see. 

• Like 1

Slow start from us, due to a few players being short on minutes or even not having any action so far for the team. Very encouraging to see us go at them for the entirety of the game. Second half performance was a lot better, Jota and Guilbert stood out from the subs for me. SJM with two brilliant goals, especially the second.

Can see us worrying a lot of Premier League teams in the coming season, Leipzig will be a great test. Wonder if Smith will go with our strongest side for that one?

8 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I know there have been some things to be concerned about today, but the one major takeaway is that we look head and shoulders better than Championship level which fills me with hope. It was a concern that despite the signings we hadn't progressed much, but smashing a Championship side 4-1 when their season starts next week is good to see. 

away.

• Like 1

Â