limpid

If I have a criticism we look a little slack at the back at times. We seemed to create chances for the opposition by overplaying.

But overall very good - all the new guys seem up for it - and some slick moves. 

to be fair, all of those goals were really well worked, lovely to watch.

take that team, add McGinn, Douglas and a RW (trez or el ghaz), and its gonna be fun to watch.

I love Jota already, and Wesley.

Lots of good stuff. Jota looks the biz. 

Mings have disappointed me again. He looks sloppy for the second time now. 

Lansbury doesn't do a whole lot wrong, but he doesn't do a whole lot right either. Definately not someone I want to be playing a whole lot. 

Hourihane isn't  a good DMC option. He's been shite today, but that's just my opinion in general of him. Should never be more than a rotation option for when we absolutely have to. 

Green is so **** shite it's unreal. Feel sorry for him. I genuinly don't know what he does right at all. He can't beat a man. Can't shoot. Can't cross. Doesn't have the strength. Doesn't have the awareness. 

I am amazed he still is at this club. 

Wesley is class. Grealish and Jota are tremendous. Engels looks solid, but not much to be challenged on. Guilbert is fantastic. Targett looks good. 

Very comfy first half. 

Standouts so far 

jota - involved in everything and developing a good understanding with Jack and Wes.

Wesley - two good finishes and getting himself involved 

Engels - so relaxed and composed in the ball

Gilbert and Targett - both full backs getting forward and playing telling passes at the right time. 

Jack - clearly a cut above but working hard, making intelligent runs and linking up with the attack well. 

• Like 1

Well, if nothing else, we won’t have to put up with any more dross and hyper defensive hoofball!!

Finally, some stylish attacking football..

Really looking forward to what Deano and his team can do this season, signings are looking spot on so far and just what we needed!

I do think Engels is initially looking like the one who should be partnering Mings. I think they have started very well together. With a good DM in place it will make it much easier for them both to play out from the back.

Edited by avfc1982am

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Jota certainly looks a steal. The noses will be upset 😁

Too good for them, feel sorry for him having had to play in that shite side, in that shite stadium , in front of those shite fans. What a shite club!

Â