Shrewsbury (Jul 21)

limpid

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Feel we are very short on fire power

If Davis is getting match time in any scenario other than holding the ball up to close out a game, we're in trouble. We definitely need more options up front. 

• Like 1

Whilst I don’t think Green has looked particularly very good I don’t think he has looked any worst than the rest of the team. 

I think Guilbert looks good coming forward but got done a few times defending. But he seems to have already become a fan favourite on here so it probably won’t get mentioned. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Mings some way short of the assured, commanding player that finished last season, hope he picks up in the pre-season games. Perhaps Engels or Chester alongside would help him

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed. He's only 20 so there's hopefully more to come

Yeah but at 20 you should at least see some talent there, i just can't see it.

Looks like a bang average championship player every time i see him play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Occasional moments of good football, but mostly interesting to see the new guys. Konsa looked really good as did Guilbert and Jota. 3 really good buys there.

Davis will have a part to play this season, I think, if only to hold the ball if we are under pressure.

Some shit giveaways at the back which will need to be sorted out.

Davis needs to play in a front two or with Jack/Jota much closer to him.

Agreed that BB slows us down through the middle. I haven’t felt nervous with him on the ball, though. Jack took a bit to get into the game but looked determined to make something happen while out wide. 

Green needs a season out on loan and then we can reassess. He looks pretty deflated when he tries to do anything and he can’t pull it off. His mental resilience looks low to me. 

We looked pretty disorganised defensively. I don’t think Steer is communicating v well with Konsa yet. Mings looking sloppy at times but I just love watching him because of his presence. On the plus side: Guilbert looks good, again. He might be bargain of the season. Assured on the ball, looks about for the right pass. 

Bit of a mixed bag really.

whilst Gilbert started horribly he soon switched on and looks a great acquisition as does Jota.

Davis looks a great specimen but for me lacks that killer instinct in and around the area. He holds the ball up well but never looks like scoring.

Taylor and Green will need to up their work rate if they’re going to play this season.

Konsa looked assured, whilst Mings was a little sloppy in execution of passes.

jack and McGinn barely got out of 1st gear and I thought BB did a job as DM. 

All in all an ok 45mins. 

• Like 1

Guilbert and Jota look sharp, Taylor and Green look blunt. The midfield looks alright, even Barney's looking decent at the minute. Still clearly the weak link in the middle though.

Steer needs to learn how to distribute if he's going to stay or number 1. His passing has been abysmal.

Konsa looks alright, some questionable choices too but he's young and malleable, can't say I expected to much from him anyway.

Mings still looks a bit rusty, like he's still on his jollies. I have every faith he'll get better before the season begins though.

Davis has it all except the finishing. He has the potential to be the complete striker, but he's not there yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Bjarnason has been decent. But his inability to play the ball out wide, or pass thru midfield pressing line really slows us down. 

He, very much like Green, obviously aren't good enough 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He, very much like Green, obviously aren't good enough 

Think he would do as a backup. Slot in whe. When there is a crisis.

As for green I think he needs to play a full seasons, there's talent there, what's lacking is application. He should have had more minutes as a senior footballer by now. 

Â