Shrewsbury (Jul 21)

limpid

On 20/07/2019 at 12:40, Villan4Life said:

At Montgomery Waters Stadium you can park it’s outside town about 4mile drive from Shrewsbury Station They don’t play at Gay Meadow anymore as that was in Shrewsbury town centre.

Another out of town identikit stadium. Soon there won't be any town centre grounds left. York City moving next thus destroying one of the great away days of drinks in York and then a short walk to the ground.

Sorry, woefully off topic!

Safe journeys everyone :)

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

So in terms of the line up and based on what Smith has said about seeing different combinations etc...how about these line ups? When you combine the best of the 2 teams and with Douglas + Trezeguet added in we have a pretty solid starting 11 and strong bench now...I wonder which pre-season game we will see closer to our starting 11 playing together...maybe Liepzig away?...

Anyway for today:

1st Half

Steer

Guilbert Chester Hause Taylor

Hourihane

Grealish Lansbury

Green Kodjia El Ghazi

2nd Half

Kalinic

Bree Engels Mings Targett

Barney

McGinn O'Hare

Jota Wesley Davis

Subs: Hogan, Konsa, Nyland...

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Is that confirmed? 

If you're talking about the line ups above...no, I was just sat around with not much else to do and had a thought of 2 possible line ups based on what Smith has said...tried to just keep them balanced...

I hope we see like this (mix team a and b)

First Half 

Nyland (His turn) - Team B
Gilberto-Engels-Mings -Targett - Team A
Thor-O'hare-Houricane - Team B
El-Ghazi-Wesley-Jota - Team A

Second Half

Steer - Team A
Bree-Konsa-Hause-Taylor - Team B
McGinn-Grealish-Lansbury - Team A
Green-Kodjia-Davis -Team B

To keep Chemisty to strong bond and line to used each other and work better rather mess around of it.

Good to see Davis and Green get a start, they still could be very important players for us next season. Hopefull Davis can get a couple of goals, give him some confidence.

18 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Very surprised to see Bjanasson making an appearance. Maybe we can leave him at Shrewsbury.

Played in the first game, scored. Is part of the squad. Are you actually surprised?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Good to see Davis and Green get a start, they still could be very important players for us next season. Hopefull Davis can get a couple of goals, give him some confidence.

I don't see anything in Green personally

Just now, villalad21 said:

I actually am surprised.

Thor was poor last season. Whelan was better and got released

Thor is under contract, Whelan’s ran out. 

It’s a bit bizarre to expect us not to utilise a squad during pre-season. They all need to be fit and ready to go. 

Â