Shrewsbury (Jul 21)

limpid

On 27/06/2019 at 23:37, Kingman said:

What's Shrewsbury like for a night out?

Pretty good! It's mainly pretentious cocktail bars but there are still a few decent pubs.

Max O'Leary has signed on loan for Shrewsbury from Bristol City.

He will no doubt play against us in friendly game.

Number of world class saves against us for Bristol City in April for our win at Villa Park.

He's a good keeper.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, av1 said:

Never been to the Meadow before, anyone know the best place to park?

At Montgomery Waters Stadium you can park it’s outside town about 4mile drive from Shrewsbury Station They don’t play at Gay Meadow anymore as that was in Shrewsbury town centre.

They built Montgomery Waters Stadium I believe in former farmers field  land by the newish ground is all new housing developments.

its a good ground I went last season scouting at Shrewsbury vs Portsmouth and really liked it.

if anyone is getting train you need get  the one double decker bus from Shrewsbury bus station which is once an hour think it’s the x20 bus.. A taxi will cost about ten to fifteen quid from Shrewsbury station as four miles outside Shrewsbury the ground and it’s a  mission and a half to walk.

info here: read this @av1  https://www.shrewsburytown.com/club/fans/away-fans/

Edited by Villan4Life

I bought tickets for the Birmingham Bears game months ago, so will miss this. Hope I can watch it on YouTube as a rerun without knowing the score, sometimes they put the result in the video description which is really annoying. 

11 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

At Montgomery Waters Stadium you can park it’s outside town about 4mile drive from Shrewsbury Station They don’t play at Gay Meadow anymore as that was in Shrewsbury town centre.

They built Montgomery Waters Stadium I believe in former farmers field  land by the newish ground is all new housing developments.

I’m very unhappy with that name change.

Â