Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

On 02/06/2019 at 07:35, mykeyb said:

Adil Ray who was presenting in GMB this week. Also created Citizen Khan 

On 02/06/2019 at 10:01, villa4europe said:

Yeah I saw that too, regular villa tweeter

still a long way to go before he can be forgiven for citizen khan though...

Citizen Khan....it's that bad it's funny 

CGA1DT1WEAEAzI5.jpg

I married into an Asian family and they like it, but there is a lot of reference humour and nostalgia for the 80s/90s which sails over my head cos I'm a white fella. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I remember reading that when he started out in the industry his manager was a Villa fan who got him into us.

He was very good pals with Dave Ismay, iirc.

8 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Sadly the most famous Villa fan passed away yesterday. He will be sat with Doug Ellis watching the first home game and still kicking every ball. 

Sorry for your sad news Rob.  Thoughts are with you. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Sadly the most famous Villa fan passed away yesterday. He will be sat with Doug Ellis watching the first home game and still kicking every ball. 

Sorry for your loss.  All the best. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Very sorry to hear that mate. Blessings to you and your family.

I lost my Dad last summer. The next villa match I went to I parked in the usual place, walked the usual route, sat in the usual seat and drank the usual half time drink. It suddenly dawned on me that I had been doing this all my life because this had been my Dad’s routine when he first took me as a boy. My Dad was alive and well in me and will be passed down to my son when he gets a bit older. UTV

This is a lovely story thank you and it makes me chuckle at a memory. Last time I took my Dad he was about 84 and he kept saying, I wouldn't have come this way, this is a long way round, I wouldn't park here its too far away. I said Dad this is the only way I know how to get to VP, this is the way you have always taken me for the past 50 years. Its the only way I know and we have always parked in the same place. (as you with your Dad)   When its my sons (now 30) turn to drive he goes the same way and parks in the same place we follow the same routine as my Dad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

So sorry for your loss mate and thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.    UTV 

• Like 1

On 28/06/2019 at 06:57, Robtaylor200 said:

Most famous Villa fan is my old man Alan Taylor

Sadly as I write this he is in Stoke hospital with only a few days at most left in this life.

He is 91 years old and has kicked every ball, headed every cross and saved every shot for over 80 years. As a youth he would cycle to Villa park and some away games as far as Coventry from Cannock to watch his team. He has been there at every cup final from early 1930s. He has Villa scarfs draped across the bottom of his hospital bed. 

No one on here is more famous than my dad 

I feel your hurt Rob. God bless your Dad and all who love and care for him :flag:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I’m sorry your Dad has passed away Rob. My Dad passed away in 1999 and I still find myself talking to him about matches, even during the game. The loss is truly terrible, but they leave you with a lifetime of memories and of course, in The Villa, something that will never die. RIP Alan. 

• Like 1

On 18/06/2019 at 22:38, Zatman said:

One thing I like about Hanks supporting us is that we all know he isnt a hardcore fan but he never ever hides he is a Villa fan and is proud of it. 

Be great if club got him to VP sometime 

................To cross the ball,like he said.?

Edited by TRO

Â