Famous Villa Fans

sidcow

The Harry Potter cast is stuffed with Villa fans. I like to think they would all gather round on a Saturday to illegally stream a match while Emma Watson went off an ranted about feminism. Sure I've seen somewhere that Bret 'The Hitman' Hart was a Villa fan as well. 

Maybe just plopped a scarf on but that'll do for 'evidence'

bret.jpg

Edited by May-Z
Piccy
  • Like 2

The Gryffindor badge and colours all make sense now. The blue house - whatever the feck their name is - clearly representing the no-hope neighbours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

She used to wear a Villa pendant around her neck. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that is was down to her chap at the time (Blake something) being a Villa fan. May be wrong though. 

Correct. He’s from Northampton originally I think, and was a pretty big fan. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wonder how big our fanbase actually is. I read somewhere we had 750k supporters in Britain, but obviously that don’t account for everyone who’s a villa fan. 

Don't forget though, every 'true brummie' supports small heath ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

D7HrrKyXoAAiaYA.jpg

Fred on Barry Island!

true story dat

Just looked into it, and it seems he was a regular at Barry Island as a child and when he was a father he’d take the family there. Is it right his ashes were scattered in the sea at Barry Island.  Anyway, for all his faults he weren’t all bad following a great football club like Villa. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another one I didn't know. I thought I knew that series inside out as well. When does it get mentioned?

From the Bastian of veritable facts, Wikipedia

"

• Football. Hacker believes that sport is of a greater cultural importance and is even willing to sacrifice a local art gallery in order to bail out his constituency's football team, the fictional Aston Wanderers, that was being threatened with bankruptcy. He didn't support the team though, and was mentioned as being an Aston Villasupporter in the first episode.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Hacker

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2019 at 12:51, stewiek2 said:

Gianluca Pagliuca

FB_IMG_1559389132429.jpg

I've long known he was a genuine mad Villa fan but the tatt is something else.

Has always been my favourite non Villa player but this makes me genuinely giddy.

The GOAT.

Inter Milan goalkeeping legend Pagliuca reveals Villa love

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sne said:

She has 55k followers on Insta, that's about what goes for famous these days

Bildresultat för mallory edens aston villa

She's also the daughter of our part owner and recognisable to any NBA fan. 

She's pretty famous in America.

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

From the Bastian of veritable facts, Wikipedia

"

• Football. Hacker believes that sport is of a greater cultural importance and is even willing to sacrifice a local art gallery in order to bail out his constituency's football team, the fictional Aston Wanderers, that was being threatened with bankruptcy. He didn't support the team though, and was mentioned as being an Aston Villasupporter in the first episode.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Hacker

I took it upon me to rewatch the first episode for the umpteenth time, and indeed: after getting handed several big cases with paperwork to be finished within Saturday, he does complain about potentially missing Villa at home to Liverpool.

</nerd mode>

• Like 3

On 01/06/2019 at 21:37, villa4europe said:

According to my Twitter katharine merry, 400m swimmer, won bronze in Sydney 

No but Swimmer Commonwealth Champion Adam Ruckwood is a big Villa fan, last time I saw him was the A Madrid Match in the holte.  British Olympian Swimmer Jamie Salter also a Villa Fan.

Â