dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

2 Year deal is **** weird for the reported £4m. He's not old... Not that we would want to have him for more than 2 years but the option to sell him then rather than lose entirely would be nice?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

only a 2 year deal?, wonder if there is an optional extension there?

I think it is quite sensible. Ultimately if he is good, he will get an extension; if he's not good, then we are not lumbered with him ala Richards/McCormack. 

Welcome Jota. I think a very sensible purchase. 

2 year with an option I expect, and even if not I will agree with that,

He isn't a marquee signing, keeps him hungry. A £4m signing now is like a £1m signing back in the day. You don't want to be lumbered with long contracts for these punts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

2 year with an option I expect, and even if not I will agree with that,

He isn't a marquee signing, keeps him hungry. A £4m signing now is like a £1m signing back in the day. You don't want to be lumbered with long contracts for these punts.

was that a typo????  🤔

Let the "Richards" run through you :)

unlimited power GIF by Star Wars

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

2 year deal is great. If he turns out to be rubbish we can probably pay him off. If he is good we get a bargain. No risk. 

We're left a bit exposed if he turns out to be brilliant as someone can just pinch him on a free, but I guess we can afford to do that if our outlay is only £4m. It may suggest that the club hope to be bringing in much higher calibre players in two year's time.

2 years is a bit odd, I guess if he's good we could give him a new improved deal at the end of his first season. If he's not all that he won't be sticking around like McCormack and Richards for half a decade

29 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he sounds terribly out of breath in that interview......we sure he's 27 and not 67?????

Probably just wanked himself into oblivion at the thought of leaving them for us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If we get relegated we have him for a year then can let him go, if we stay up we have him for another season and then can upgrade to someone else.  If he turns out to be really good we can always extend.  Seems a sound bit of business (unless he turns out to be utter shit, but I'm confident Smith knows he can get performances out of him).

59 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

welcome Jota.

but damn, considering he has been at Brentford since 2014 and Brum since 2017, his English isnt great.

Some people just struggle with languages I suppose. I was talking to a bloke on a plane a few years ago who lives in Italy with his wife, they’re both English originally, and she was fluent after living there for years, and he couldn’t manage more than the odd sentence.

Edited by alreadyexists

Â