dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Got no pace.

You don't survive in this league as a winger if you don't got pace.

Ain't a winger. Wide playmaker. Think Bernardo Silva or David Silva when he played in the front 3. Obviously he's not on their level but same role.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Might even be considered as rotation as the left footed right winger once Traore comes. Trez and AEG have their work cut out for them trying to oust Rashica on the left.

I think after tonight no more AEG. He needs a move and we need more consistency.

A footballer rather than an athlete. About 20 years ago he would look quality but doesn't have the pace or natural strength to make it at the top. Going off topic a bit but should football be like that? Its all pressing and work rate and less about skills. Starting to ramble a bit here.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A footballer rather than an athlete. About 20 years ago he would look quality but doesn't have the pace or natural strength to make it at the top. Going off topic a bit but should football be like that? Its all pressing and work rate and less about skills. Starting to ramble a bit here.

It is a bit frustrating but the great thing about football being a worldwide sport is that the game is different all around the globe.  Jota isn't prem quality, athletically, but man he would tear it up in MLS over here.  My local team, DC United, is crying out for a guy like him.    

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

It is a bit frustrating but the great thing about football being a worldwide sport is that the game is different all around the globe.  Jota isn't prem quality, athletically, but man he would tear it up in MLS over here.  My local team, DC United, is crying out for a guy like him.    

Carles Gil tore that league up last season. I guess not everyone can be a David Silva in the PL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Thought he looked like the player he was with us last night.He has obviously recovered from the nightmare of turning out for small heath.

Too much time on VT mate, you're starting to go native. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If not for his injury issues (two hernias and an operation) last year, we would have seen more of him. Doesn’t seen like many are aware of that and he’s probably been unfairly criticised.

image.jpeg.d2422855a93781fc9bce0c48c41044e2.jpeg

He has quality and has an eye for a pass, lacks speed & physicality though.

Thing is, as we continue to strengthen the team/squad, I doubt he’ll get much of a look in (even when fully fit) apart from cup games so might be worth selling now. I’d rather shift others, such as Lansbury, before Jota though. He could still contribute...

Â