The Squad 2019/2020

omariqy

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No it isn't just one shout.

Kalinic doesn't look to have settled in England and isn't trusted by the defence

Kalinic has been fine in pre-season. Where are you getting this "isn't trusted by the defence" lark? Because Mings was shouting orders, like he always does?

Steer isn't the keeper you think he is, and will be found out within the first six games imho.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Kalinic has been fine in pre-season. Where are you getting this "isn't trusted by the defence" lark? Because Mings was shouting orders, like he always does?

Steer isn't the keeper you think he is, and will be found out within the first six games imho.

Agreed.  As of now, Kalinic will start at Spuds.  If anyone is leaving this summer, it's going to be Nyland.  If we buy another keeper, Steer might go out on loan for another season and Kalinic will compete for the starting spot with the new GK.  

39 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Agreed.  As of now, Kalinic will start at Spuds.  If anyone is leaving this summer, it's going to be Nyland.  If we buy another keeper, Steer might go out on loan for another season and Kalinic will compete for the starting spot with the new GK.  

I think Steer is number one for now, but I think we'll still be getting someone 

I think people may be overlooking the fact that Kalinic might not want to be here.

And for those saying he did fine so far in pre-season, a) he really hasn't been tested and b) his body language at times has been really worrying

I think it was the Walsall game where he just didn't look interested, very slow and lethargic on the ball.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think people may be overlooking the fact that Kalinic might not want to be here.

And for those saying he did fine so far in pre-season, a) he really hasn't been tested and b) his body language at times has been really worrying

I think it was the Walsall game where he just didn't look interested, very slow and lethargic on the ball.

I was at the Walsall game and I think Kalinic only touched the ball 5 times. He didn't have to make a single save (I don't think he even moved for the goal which was a good goal in fairness).

I imagine he wants out and will leave next week for around 2-3 million.

On 30/07/2019 at 16:45, VILLAMARV said:

1) Heaton*
2) Kalinic
3) Nyland
4) Steer*

Loan out - (Sarkic*)

5) Elmohamady
6) Taylor*
7) Guilbert
8 )Targett*
9) Bree*

10)Chester*
11)Mings*
12)Engels
13)Hause*
14)Konsa*

15)Bjarnason
16)Lansbury*
17)Hourihane*
18)Nakamba
19)McGinn
20)Tshibola*
21)Grealish*

22)Jota
23)Trezeguet
24)El Ghazi

25)Kodjia
26)Hogan*
27)Wesley

Just to update the 'need to be registered list' with the 2 new signings today :)

14 Homegrown players
13 Non home-grown

2 too many overall as it stands then.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

villa.jpg

I think Nakamba starts at Spurs. Maybe it's just me but it doesn't look like Luiz has done that much pre season within a team. His own work yes but he could be a way off yet. Nakamba, i know he went on strike, but his strike period probably was for maybe a week and he's played AFCON during the summer so should be in decent shape.

• Like 1

I'm gonna stick my head out and say that this squad is stronger than the squad we had when we were odds on to finish 4th until we fecked it up against Stoke. 

We have more than just a good 11 with a few back up players.  We have genuine competition for places and options for different combinations all over the squad!

P.S. Would love to get Leeds in the cup now and give them a right proper spanking!

Edited by New_Hope

12 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I'm gonna stick my head out and say that this squad is stronger than the squad we had when we were odds on to finish 4th until we fecked it up against Stoke. 

We have more than just a good 11 with a few back up players.  We have genuine competition for places and options for different combinations all over the squad!

P.S. Would love to get Leeds in the cup now and give them a right proper spanking!

It may well be but I think the rest of the league is a lot stronger now than it was back then. Especially the top 6.

• Like 1

What I love most is that the squad is filled with really likeable people. Everyone gives a really good account of themselves in interviews and everything.

Imagine supporting Man Utd with the likes of Lingard and Pogba 🤢🤢

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Smartin said:

What I love most is that the squad is filled with really likeable people. Everyone gives a really good account of themselves in interviews and everything.

Imagine supporting Man Utd with the likes of Lingard and Pogba 🤢🤢

I've been saying something similar a lot to people recently. So many reasons to get behind this team right now.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It may well be but I think the rest of the league is a lot stronger now than it was back then. Especially the top 6.

I totally agree with you...if you have read my other posts, i don't expect us to finish top 6.

• Like 1

It’s hard not to feel positive about all the transfer business we’ve conducted so far, we’ve done more than I thought we would and quicker.

However, I’m going to try and remain restrained from getting too carried away. It feels like we’re in uncharted territory with a number of these signings and the unknown can be as daunting as it can be exciting. 

I feel quietly confident that we’re in a good position to give the majority of teams a game. If half of the signings play to the strengths we collectively think they can we should be in for a comfortably safe season.

Â