trouble after the game

pacbuddies

This happened about an hour before the game. I was walking past on the opposite side of the road to where bottles were being thrown. It was madness as a lot of the bottles were flying over the Derby coach and hitting Villa fans. We saw one lad with his face all cut after being hit by a glass/bottle.

This incident was the only downer on an otherwise great day. Like all clubs we have some neanderthals following us but great to see the fund raising page doing so well and showing that 99.9% of our fans are decent.

Edited by markavfc40

I hung around outside the stadium for a long time after the game (waiting for friends) and didn't see any sign of any trouble out there. Which I guess makes sense as most Derby fans would have left by the time Villa fans came out.

59 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

Your words are very kind and much appreciated - the Derby and villa fans got on great all day and I do hope you find the person/ people dishonourably  wearing your shirt of your club 

also following on from a post about the transport links in and around Wembley - they are utterly dreadful for anyone north of Watford and I have Been to 4 play off finals now (1 win) and the biggest regret  has always been the journey!  I actually caught the train this year and at ST  Pancras and on the train it was like a war zone due to total and utter official disorganisation 

Good to hear 

Also think the police should have got a handle on this - it wasn't hard to predict and it happened very slowly 

Halt the bus - police motorbikes - whiz the coach past at 15 mph - parking opposite was asking for trouble.

not that there is any excuse for behaving like rabid animals - birch the fecka's - but this was predictable and avoidable

12 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Unfortunately this isn't a one off incident.

Same thing happened in the same place last year, bus load of Fulham supporters drove past and bottles, cans, etc. were thrown again.

I don't get it - we don't share coach parks - so surley the Derby\fulham coaches should have come from another direction ?

If its a known flash point area do something about it 

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't get it - we don't share coach parks - so surley the Derby\fulham coaches should have come from another direction ?

If its a known flash point area do something about it 

Or fans could just not be absolute pricks?  You can't blame a **** route for this.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Or fans could just not be absolute pricks?  You can't blame a **** route for this.

Some fans will always be pricks. Sadly not much we can do to change that. We can be more careful about giving them the opportunity to show what pricks they are, by being more sensible about access routes around Wembley. Really hope someone shops them to the Old Bill. Name and shame the morons.

5 hours ago, Visiting Ram said:

Your words are very kind and much appreciated - the Derby and villa fans got on great all day and I do hope you find the person/ people dishonourably  wearing your shirt of your club 

also following on from a post about the transport links in and around Wembley - they are utterly dreadful for anyone north of Watford and I have Been to 4 play off finals now (1 win) and the biggest regret  has always been the journey!  I actually caught the train this year and at ST  Pancras and on the train it was like a war zone due to total and utter official disorganisation 

As proper supporters, what can we say and do but to apologise and put the crowdfunding page up???

As you can see we are all appalled by this and wish it had never happened.

I'm sure i'll be speaking on behalf of everyone on VT in sending sincere apologies to everyone on the bus and to all of the DCFC fans.

If you know of anyone who was on the bus please pass on the message and also pass on the message on in your forum.

Once again apologies for the mindless few. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AndyC said:

What a way to tarnish the day and club, hopefully they will get caught and banned. 

Just donated to the just giving. It's not getting many views this thread can thr link go into the main forum? 

Or people could put it in their signatures so it gets posted a lot more than once in the main forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Of course there is no excuse - and I wasn't offering it as one - and fully agree with your sentiment - As villa fan I wanted to see villa win - what I didn't want to see was a terrified 8 year old - being shielded from broken glass by his father 

Loads of Fans + Alcohol+ opposition coach + slow moving traffic  - its a toxic mixture. one of those elements should be removed. 

look what we do when the noses arrive at villa - Bus em in via a different route = after the game bus em out, and this is a stadium thats over 100 years old - wembley is brand new , built to hold 88,000 - yet appears overwhelmed when 88,000 turn up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, limpid said:

Or people could put it in their signatures so it gets posted a lot more than once in the main forum.

look below........just done it.......👍

• Like 1

Most Derby fans I encountered on the way home were knobs, total knobs. One guy in particular was desperate for someone to square up to him on the tube, doing his best to try and intimidate everyone around him so I'm pretty sure both sets of fans have their idiots amongst them.

I'd also wager that most people who threw stuff at the bus a) did not realise or consider that kids could/would be on there and b) probably weren't looking to smash a window or cause any actual damage 

This is not to excuse nor trivialise the matter but it's easy the day after to point fingers and get on a moral high horse, it's different when you're in the thick of it and have had a few jars.

Just to add, I nor anyone I know was involved in throwing stuff at the bus, just adding some balance.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Apparently there was a punch up at a motorway services after the game, seems the Derby fans were instigators this time.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/derby-county-m1-fight-villa-2917285

Is there a link to the just giving page for the repairs to his car?😉

In all seriousness all the people instigating the trouble (on both sides) are utter morons. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I was on the green when this happened.  Mindless idiots-there was a lot of booing and I couldn't work out whether that was aimed at the Derby bus but I rather hoped it was Villa fans booing the utter bell ends who were throwing bottles.  One or two cretins thought it acceptable to throw bottles and cans at passing police vans as well.  The couple I witnessed looked like young goons who were unable to handle their beer.  It was the low point of the day for me, prior to that I had some decent banter with some Derby fans on the walk there.

I really hope that the fact these imbeciles are being roundly condemned by Villa fans (and the Justgiving page) is reported as widely as the damage to the coach is.

• Like 1

I was across the road from the Green when the bus came passed and it wasn’t one or two bottles - it was loads. I had to move pretty sharpish to avoid the cans and bottles which were coming over the coach into the Villa fans on the other side of the road.

It was pretty intense where I was and so can only imagine what it was like on the coach.

On 29/05/2019 at 17:07, bannedfromHandV said:

Most Derby fans I encountered on the way home were knobs, total knobs. One guy in particular was desperate for someone to square up to him on the tube, doing his best to try and intimidate everyone around him so I'm pretty sure both sets of fans have their idiots amongst them.

I'd also wager that most people who threw stuff at the bus a) did not realise or consider that kids could/would be on there and b) probably weren't looking to smash a window or cause any actual damage 

This is not to excuse nor trivialise the matter but it's easy the day after to point fingers and get on a moral high horse, it's different when you're in the thick of it and have had a few jars.

Just to add, I nor anyone I know was involved in throwing stuff at the bus, just adding some balance.

The first paragraph is fine, the second is the barmiest thing I've ever read. Really wish people wouldn't blame beer, it ain't the beer it's the f****** idiots drinking it. As as for throwing a bottle and not meaning to damage summat, that's the best defence I've heard so far. You must be a lawyer 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The first paragraph is fine, the second is the barmiest thing I've ever read. Really wish people wouldn't blame beer, it ain't the beer it's the f****** idiots drinking it. As as for throwing a bottle and not meaning to damage summat, that's the best defence I've heard so far. You must be a lawyer 

It’s mob mentality stuff, not saying there wouldn’t have been idiots in there but I’ll bet not all are people you’d consider to be a moron in the cold light of day.

I was watching a lot of it unfold from the other side of the street and it was chaos, flares going off and police everywhere, charging a few people on horseback even, nearly took one dopy clearing in the woods clean out who failed to notice a horse right in front of him.

Im not condoning it though, maybe it’s coming across that way which is a failure on my part.

• Like 1

Â