trouble after the game

pacbuddies

28 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Probably not the right thread for this but not sure where else to mention what I have just witnessed on ITV Central News. A bus carrying Derby fans (including women and young children) had several windows smashed by projectiles from a group of Villa fans causing £thousands in damage and scaring the life out of little kids. If anyone has info on who these knuckle dragging scum are then please notify the police. Decent Villa fans will not tolerate this sort of neanderthal behaviour. If these mindless thugs want violence then let them be brave enough to bring it on with people that can fight back and not innocent travellers that include women & kids!

Disgusting, I saw this too. Shame on them, I hope they are caught and banned.

• Like 1

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/footage-shows-villa-fans-attacking-2914678

A group of Derby County fans including children were left "terrified" after Aston Villa fans smashed windows of the coach they were travelling to Wembley in.

Shocking footage sent to Derbyshire Live shows the moment a young child cried with alarm when the window beside him was smashed by a thug wearing an Aston Villa shirt.

The thug had apparently thrown an object towards the vehicle which, at the time, was stuck in traffic just yards away from Wembley Stadium.

The video shows a number of Villa fans targeting the Ridleys coach and making obscene gestures towards Derby fans in front of police who were patrolling the area.

I hope they're identified, banned for life, and have the old bill at the door.

What a disgusting way to ruin what should have been a brilliant day of celebration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

Probably not the right thread for this but not sure where else to mention what I have just witnessed on ITV Central News. A bus carrying Derby fans (including women and young children) had several windows smashed by projectiles from a group of Villa fans causing £thousands in damage and scaring the life out of little kids. If anyone has info on who these knuckle dragging scum are then please notify the police. Decent Villa fans will not tolerate this sort of neanderthal behaviour. If these mindless thugs want violence then let them be brave enough to bring it on with people that can fight back and not innocent travellers that include women & kids!

This was pre game not post. It was down by “the green”, I hear the bang and looked around saw the bus being pelted. Idiots, unfortunately every club has them and it always ruins the fun for other people. 

• Like 1

What a way to tarnish the day and club, hopefully they will get caught and banned. 

Just donated to the just giving. It's not getting many views this thread can thr link go into the main forum? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I actually witnessed this at the time - it was horrific - the saddest part was seeing a young child on the top deck running to the other side - and his dad or another adult drag him to the ground through fear of breaking glass - it made my stomach turn.

That said - this is a modern state of the art stadium - my coach was going down that road for 1.5 hours - (last year it was 2!!!) - shouldn't there be a big car park - with good road access - for coaches only. 

My coach was coming in the opposite direction having gone past those villa fans - and turned back to park - two or three of us on the coach winced as we seen what was about to happen - A derby coach stuck stationary in traffic withing touching distance of 1,000's of Villa fans - yet it caught the police totally unaware - not an excuse, but wembley needs to get its act together - get a dedicated route in an out for coaches.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AndyC said:

What a way to tarnish the day and club, hopefully they will get caught and banned. 

Just donated to the just giving. It's not getting many views this thread can thr link go into the main forum? 

me too - do your best folks

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/sorry-derby-and-gccl-from-avfc

"As many of you will have seen, a coach carrying Derby County fans was mindlessly vandalised by a minority of AVFC fans outside ’the Green’, near Wembley."

• Like 1

I like to think of Aston Villa supporters as a uniformly decent group, but I suppose every club has it's fair share of absolute dickheads. Isolate them, shame them and punish them. Unacceptable.

What a bunch of p***ks!!

Part of me wants to believe that it was a pack of SHA fans dressed up like us who made the journey to Wembley trying to tarnish our name?

With not being there or seeing the news coverage then I cannot really comment to those who have seen the news.

We pride ourselves in being the role model of a club and it's sad to learn that we may also have groups of absolute mutants that would carry out such an act!

I hope they are name and shamed and banned from having anything to do with our football club whatsoever!

Your words are very kind and much appreciated - the Derby and villa fans got on great all day and I do hope you find the person/ people dishonourably  wearing your shirt of your club 

also following on from a post about the transport links in and around Wembley - they are utterly dreadful for anyone north of Watford and I have Been to 4 play off finals now (1 win) and the biggest regret  has always been the journey!  I actually caught the train this year and at ST  Pancras and on the train it was like a war zone due to total and utter official disorganisation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

couldn't go Monday but its the first villa game I've missed there, every other time I've been I've seen trouble, its a Wembley problem that wont be addressed because its the FAs crown jewell

no doubt it is the sunshine and beer that's a factor but the infrastructure is shocking, seen some people suggest the coach shouldn't have driven past our fans (which is a bullshit excuse but has an element of truth - not the drivers fault though) but the ability to get in and out of there pushes rival fans together, the availability of places to go pushes people in to the street, the lack of ease to get there makes people conjugate early and most frustratingly leave early

and their answer seems to be to build as much new stuff around it as possible to upgrade the area, its making it worse

out of interest @Visiting Ram any reports of other trouble? fights between yourselves etc? main one for me that I've seen over the years is us losing leaving early and fans of the winning team being on the train platform rather than staying to see the cup lifted, really hope that didn't happen monday

14 hours ago, TomIsADeftone said:

Good gesture. I'll be donating. No place for this sort of nonsense.

Also if that's the same Dave J from VillaTalk then setting that up is the best thing he's ever done :D 

Â