Promotion parade?

TomIsADeftone

23 hours ago, Fight Like Lions said:

No thanks, amazed there was even a trophy. Parade would be totally small fry.

I was genuinely shocked as I was queuing to get into Wembley yesterday and my friend told me there is a trophy for the winner. For 3rd place I thought it would be medals for the players at the most.

34 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I was genuinely shocked as I was queuing to get into Wembley yesterday and my friend told me there is a trophy for the winner. For 3rd place I thought it would be medals for the players at the most.

I guess none of us stuck around long enough to see the presentation last year then. 

Getting relegated and coming back up after 3 years is a bit like your kid ruining a brand new 50inch TV by paining on the screen, realising their mistake and acting nicely, bringing you your slippers and making you a sandwich.

You are gonna gonna be pleased with them, but it's not like you are gonna celebrate how well behaved they are and brag to your neighbours.

Villa is back where it should be. Now let's get to real work.

• Like 1

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/05/28/purslow-on-final-celebrations

Christian Purslow admits it took seconds to decide not to have a lavish parade for our Play-Off Final win, stressing: “They’re for when you win something really big”.

Dean Smith was in total agreement as he and Purslow – alongside ambitious and enthused owners – walk down the Premier League path next season.

Our CEO said: “I’d like to say that we’ve been asked a lot – Dean and I – about why there hasn’t been a big parade. 

“I want to make this clear.  Dean and I talked about it for under 10 seconds. We had an identical reaction – ‘we’re Aston Villa, we have parades when we win leagues and cups’ not when we get promoted effectively third.

“We have had a wonderful day of celebrations. But parades are for when we win something really big.”

Our Head Coach added: “I have been an Aston Villa fan as everyone knows. I was fortunate enough to get on the bus when they carried that European Cup around. 

“There’s been a European Cup and a League Championship parade. But for a Play-Off Final? No. 

"We’re back where we should be. We have to make sure we go from here now.”

5 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Christian Purslow admits it took seconds to decide not to have a lavish parade for our Play-Off Final win, stressing: “They’re for when you win something really big”.

Dean Smith was in total agreement as he and Purslow – alongside ambitious and enthused owners – walk down the Premier League path next season.

Our CEO said: “I’d like to say that we’ve been asked a lot – Dean and I – about why there hasn’t been a big parade. 

“I want to make this clear.  Dean and I talked about it for under 10 seconds. We had an identical reaction – ‘we’re Aston Villa, we have parades when we win leagues and cups’ not when we get promoted effectively third.

“We have had a wonderful day of celebrations. But parades are for when we win something really big.”

Our Head Coach added: “I have been an Aston Villa fan as everyone knows. I was fortunate enough to get on the bus when they carried that European Cup around. 

“There’s been a European Cup and a League Championship parade. But for a Play-Off Final? No. 

"We’re back where we should be. We have to make sure we go from here now.”

Spot on.

7 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I agree. No parade.

However, put the trophy in the shop, let people (especially kids who've not experienced silverwear) have some photos and keep the positive vibes up. Sell a little merchandise and at least acknowledge the success with a little nod...

That is a great shout.