Promotion parade?

TomIsADeftone

Given now the dust is settling on the day, how would fans feel about a promotion parade. 

Given that this is the 1st thing of significance we've achieved since 1996, I feel its a real occasion to remember. 

I seem to remember a 'losers' reception in Birmingham in 2000 after we lost the fa cup final to Chelsea but I don't recall if we did anything for the 94 and 96 Cup successes. 

A great day, celebrated in person by 40000 Villa fans (did anyone else notice how much of ‘Club Wembley’ was filled with Villa fans, far more than the neutral/Derby numbers). We even got to lift a cup which really is just a symbol of winning a mini tournament final at Wembley. The cup and players were well paraded on the pitch for those 40000 Villa fans and many more on TV to enjoy.

Without the Championship title and after today’s celebrations, there is little need for a promotion parade.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Nah. Too Sheffield Utd and Norwich for me.

Happened to be in Sheffield for their promotion parade. The term 'damp squib' comes to mind - didn't help that it was pissing it down.