Jump to content
Enda

Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because Daniel Farke has been given no money. Been given the task to stay up with a Championship squad.

But arent Sheffield United apparently doing the same? You’re all over the place mate. Have a lie down before you hurt yourself. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But arent Sheffield United apparently doing the same? You’re all over the place mate. Have a lie down before you hurt yourself. 

Not this season.

They have actually spent a fair amount of money this season.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yes and Smith has been giving a Man City budget and also given some of the best players in the Premier League. More of the Villa arrogance from some fans that think because we won the league 40 years ago we should be on a par with Wolves

i bet Norwich fans arent saying Farke should be challenging top 6 because Wilder did it on a limited budget. I am pretty sure Norwich also went down the same season as us. Norwich also have a higher Premier League finish in the last 10 years than Villa 

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Villa totally different club to Norwich and Burnley.

Much bigger club. Bigger budget. More expectations. Better history. Better training facilities and stadium and bigger fan base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Villa totally different club to Norwich and Burnley.

Much bigger club. Bigger budget. More expectations. Better history. Better training facilities and stadium and bigger fan base.

and this here is the problem with some section of Villa fans. Football is played on the pitch, not the history books

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think there will be a lot of surprise results. So much will depend on fitness levels, players missing and of course the no crowd factor which will be massive. 

Then you’ve got a few mid table teams that aren’t really playing for much. How much will they push themselves in the circumstances?

Will there even be European football next season? Are teams going to give their all to get a European spot which might not even happen? 

You have Liverpool that could win the league after a few games and then probably lose every game once that’s done. 

It’ going to be a very interesting end to the season. 

It's tough to say. There really haven't been many surprise results in Bundesliga so far, it's largely run to form. Probably what it does show is majority of top Bundesliga teams have got enough fitness training in to last the 90 minutes and not flag right at the end and thus the gap in quality will show.

If premier league was to come back ridiculously early say on June 1st then they'd be far more shock results than with it restarting more likely in late June when all teams should be up to speed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Villa totally different club to Norwich and Burnley.

Much bigger club. Bigger budget. More expectations. Better history. Better training facilities and stadium and bigger fan base.

I wish we would act like a bigger club.When are we going to stop hiring managers that struggle to get us out of the relegation zone.DS,Lambert,Mc Cleash,Sherwood FFS on and on and on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I wish we would act like a bigger club.When are we going to stop hiring managers that struggle to get us out of the relegation zone.DS,Lambert,Mc Cleash,Sherwood FFS on and on and on

McLEish never had us in the relegation zone, Smith got us promoted so without hiring him we be struggling in Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

McLEish never had us in the relegation zone, Smith got us promoted so without hiring him we be struggling in Championship. 

A lot of people on this forum see it like you do.The way I see it is that we were strugggling in the championship until Jack came back in the team.I put our promotion down to Jack not DS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I wish we would act like a bigger club.When are we going to stop hiring managers that struggle to get us out of the relegation zone.DS,Lambert,Mc Cleash,Sherwood FFS on and on and on

Been saying this for years.

We need a high profile coach that is able to handle the expectations of the club.

If Leeds can attract Bielsa. If Newcastle can attract Benitez, i can't see a reason to why we can't.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TRO said:

We arguably have better individual players than them.....but they have a team, that is functional and effective in most aspects of the game.

that is the main difference.

We had all that under Saunders.....that is why, some of us can see it.

We did indeed and Ron's functional and effective teams, also included some very, very good players. :thumb:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Been saying this for years.

We need a high profile coach that is able to handle the expectations of the club.

If Leeds can attract Bielsa. If Newcastle can attract Benitez, i can't see a reason to why we can't.

We attracted a Champions League winning coach, a promotion specialist and both failed 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Because Daniel Farke has been given no money. Been given the task to stay up with a Championship squad.

Very true and we have spent over 100 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

A lot of people on this forum see it like you do.The way I see it is that we were strugggling in the championship until Jack came back in the team.I put our promotion down to Jack not DS.

Why hadn't we gone up either of the last two seasons, both with excellent Championship teams?

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why hadn't we gone up either of the last two seasons, both with excellent Championship teams?

We finished 3rd the season before. 

Anything can happen in a final, as we've seen.

Smith did well to get us promoted but you have to admit we looked hopeless when he was out injured. Was it 9 games or something without a win?

Edited by villalad21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the Gladbach game I like the cardboard cut-outs. Looks better than empty seats. Would like to see us do the same but go one step further by adding in some crowd sound. We could get a DJ to mix in sound sampled from previous home games at appropriate points in the play. Would be better than hearing the echoey shouts of the players. You'd hardly notice the difference watching on TV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

Watching the Gladbach game I like the cardboard cut-outs. Looks better than empty seats. Would like to see us do the same but go one step further by adding in some crowd sound. We could get a DJ to mix in sound sampled from previous home games at appropriate points in the play. Would be better than hearing the echoey shouts of the players. You'd hardly notice the difference watching on TV.

Bundesliga uses an app where you can have sound from home or away fans depending on where your team is playing. Bit naff but better than nothing I guess.

Guess for Arsenal fans it will just be a cricket solemnly chirping somewhere in the distance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sne said:

Bundesliga uses an app where you can have sound from home or away fans depending on where your team is playing. Bit naff but better than nothing I guess.

Guess for Arsenal fans it will just be a cricket solemnly chirping somewhere in the distance.

I'd have it in the ground though. Might give us 'home advantage'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Been saying this for years.

We need a high profile coach that is able to handle the expectations of the club.

If Leeds can attract Bielsa. If Newcastle can attract Benitez, i can't see a reason to why we can't.

Agree. Providing we manage to stay up I'd like to think we could attract a higher calibre of manager next season. Those clubs have as you say, also Wolves got Nuno in the championship, look where they are now. People can say what they like and call it arrogance or whatever but we are a huge club and therefore will be more attractive than a Burnley/Brighton etc even if we are down the bottom of the table. At the end of the season I'd hope that's what we plan to do. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chips'ngravy said:

Watching the Gladbach game I like the cardboard cut-outs. Looks better than empty seats. Would like to see us do the same but go one step further by adding in some crowd sound. We could get a DJ to mix in sound sampled from previous home games at appropriate points in the play. Would be better than hearing the echoey shouts of the players. You'd hardly notice the difference watching on TV.

The cardboard cut outs are €19 each !!! Albeit the proceeds are going to charity.

 

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/borussia-monchengladbach-fans-pay-for-cardboard-cut-outs-charity-coronavirus-10911

 

Unable to lend their vociferous support in the usual way, Gladbach fans have contributed to the 'Stay at home. Be in the stands' campaign in their droves. For €19.00, the 'cardboard you' will be installed in the stands, with the proceeds going to local charities. The Foals have even allowed for fans of other teams to order a cut-out which will be placed in the away end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â