Jump to content

Premier League 2019-2020 Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Comparing a full crowd to 22 Corona tested players on the pitch is certainly not one of them.

But these players go home. And can pick up the disease? Are they tested before every training session and every game? 

If so, how do the premier league and it's clubs get kits that the **** NHS couldn't? My friend's wife is a frontline NHS nurse and STILL hasn't been tested. The premier league should do the honourable things and give it's testing kits to those that genuinely need it to live and earn a wage for family. Not for entertainment purposes (money grabbing purposes).

Do we quarantine players so they don't see family. That's inhumane. What if a player gets badly injured in a game and needs treatment! The overworked paramedic drivers will be attending games I presume? Is that fair in the NHS? 

relegate villa, give Liverpool the title. Put villa in league **** 2 for all I care just don't start football untill it's safe and sensible. Cos right now, it ain't.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the Championship teams have earned promotion, bottom Premier League teams earned the right to try stay up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep - just to confirm, the League 2 relegation decision is about the National League being cancelled - they've currently come up with no decisions on promotion and might not be sending anyone up to League 2. 

League 2 aren't currently relegating anyone, because if they did, they'd have less teams next season.

There's talk that the National league might be asked to select a side for promotion and then League 2 will relegate one.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

How do you make a wall for free kicks?

 

Easy. A second wall 2 metres behind the first wall filling the gaps. 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

This is the key question .... What will the number of Covid19 new case numbers be like at the time and during the weeks that the PL is restarted and played to a conclusion?

My expectation is that the 'R' number will climb back above '1' within a few weeks, which means a return to exponential growth of Coronavirus transmissions.

I don't have a qualification in epidemiology, but I've watched the media coverage of the rushed 'return to work' public transport fiasco, and it's left me shaking my head in disbelief.

The lack of planning is glaringly obvious and the knee jerk politically driven responses are totally inadequate. The end of June through to August may well be a very sobering period of time, if the reality of re opening the UK without a workable plan kicks in.

I really hope I'm wrong about the risks of striving to return to a 'new normal' too soon, but my own opinion remains that we should not be creating more unnecessary risk to health and safety than is absolutely essential.

We're nowhere near being in control of this pandemic, and wont be until an approved vaccine is developed and administered globally.   

We will look back on the return of football as we now look back on the madness of the Cheltenham Festival.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If no relegation who replaces the promoted teams? This has to be across all leagues for it to work surely?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the R rate has gone up to 0.7-1.0 from 0.5-0.9 minor I know but if rate gets to near 1.0 again players/staff will rebel even more

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - just to confirm, the League 2 relegation decision is about the National League being cancelled - they've currently come up with no decisions on promotion and might not be sending anyone up to League 2. 

League 2 aren't currently relegating anyone, because if they did, they'd have less teams next season.

There's talk that the National league might be asked to select a side for promotion and then League 2 will relegate one.

 

 

Booooo...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, midian said:

Seems the R rate has gone up to 0.7-1.0 from 0.5-0.9 minor I know but if rate gets to near 1.0 again players/staff will rebel even more

was it ever 0.5 I thought it was between 0.5 and 0.9

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PaulC said:

was it ever 0.5 I thought it was between 0.5 and 0.9

Measuring it isn't an exact science. If the number of infected are decreasing per day it's an indicator that it's below 1 though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, desensitized43 said:

Measuring it isn't an exact science. If the number of infected are decreasing per day it's an indicator that it's below 1 though.

ok just read its now between 0.7 and 1 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, PaulC said:

ok just read its now between 0.7 and 1 

The problem isn't the people who've got it and are showing symptoms...they'll either get over it or turn up at hospital with two potential outcomes. We need to know an idea on the percentage that have it but show no symptoms and a plan to detect them because those people are going to start getting on tubes and buses infecting other people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The problem isn't the people who've got it and are showing symptoms...they'll either get over it or turn up at hospital with two potential outcomes. We need to know an idea on the percentage that have it but show no symptoms and a plan to detect them because those people are going to start getting on tubes and buses infecting other people.

True the R rate in London is 0.4. The death rate is also slowing with 384 in the UK in the last 24 hours over all settings. that's much lower than last week which was about 700

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

True the R rate in London is 0.4. The death rate is also slowing with 384 in the UK in the last 24 hours over all settings. that's much lower than last week which was about 700

I’m more interested in the Rate in a week or two.  Now people over the last week have gone out and mixed more, the virus having people to spread to and the infection setting in to cause symptoms and the deaths after time.  That’s when we know more around the R rate.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

True the R rate in London is 0.4. The death rate is also slowing with 384 in the UK in the last 24 hours over all settings. that's much lower than last week which was about 700

These figures are a direct result of most of the UK population rigorously obeying the "stay home, protect the NHS, save lives" instruction over the last few weeks.

This is no longer the case due to the mixed messaging of the last few days. The 'R' rate has stopped reducing and is now almost certain to climb past '1'. This will mean reintroducing lockdown at some point in worst hit areas, and an 'area' designated lockdown will be almost impossible to police. Trying to force the pace of re opening will have painful consequences. The PL could well be attempting to restart matches right at the start of a second peak panic, which will not do football's already tarnished reputation any favours.

Voiding the season now would show belated common sense. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kingman said:

So it begins, Nothing to worry about here!.. 

28334224-8314605-image-m-3_1589356602397

How British is that? In America they stroll into the local government offices with machine guns demanding the end of lockdown. 

We hold a picnic.   More tea sir? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Obviously it's ludicrous and dangerous though before I get slated. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Measuring it isn't an exact science. If the number of infected are decreasing per day it's an indicator that it's below 1 though.

Dr. Jenny Harries, my medical-science idol, has just said this at the press briefing - you need to get on that panel!

Now I know I've made the right decison to move here from H & V - I'm mixing with a much better class of people.

 

image.png.7ae24f4dfeae5ac03dd3cdd0fd9191e7.png

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
Link to post
Share on other sites

The league will have to test players and staff multiple times for accurate results. Why should they be given priority, as many, including players and managers are pointing out?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â