Jump to content
Enda

Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Anyone feeling sorry for Liverpool fans then take a few minutes to read their fans forum 'RAWK' and I am sure that within minutes your thoughts will change.

I don't know why I read it, the more I do, the more they wind me up. They are all so 'one-eyed' it is untrue. They must have the most hypocritical fanbase bar none.

Although unrelated, for a set of fans that are still chasing 'justice for the 96' for the Hillsborough tragedy they really do take a different view (conveniently) about the deaths around the world right now and I can guarantee if they were second and 25 points behind City they would be calling for the league to be voided IMMEDIATELY.

Absolutely detest the *****. Rant over.

100% agree on the void if they where not top ..imagine United where they are 25 points clear not won league for 30 years you think they wouldn't be campaigning for a void 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Anyone feeling sorry for Liverpool fans then take a few minutes to read their fans forum 'RAWK' and I am sure that within minutes your thoughts will change.

I don't know why I read it, the more I do, the more they wind me up. They are all so 'one-eyed' it is untrue. They must have the most hypocritical fanbase bar none.

Although unrelated, for a set of fans that are still chasing 'justice for the 96' for the Hillsborough tragedy they really do take a different view (conveniently) about the deaths around the world right now and I can guarantee if they were second and 25 points behind City they would be calling for the league to be voided IMMEDIATELY.

Absolutely detest the *****. Rant over.

They'd kill their grandmother's to finish the season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine feeling sorry for Liverpool. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Anyone feeling sorry for Liverpool fans then take a few minutes to read their fans forum 'RAWK' and I am sure that within minutes your thoughts will change.

I don't know why I read it, the more I do, the more they wind me up. They are all so 'one-eyed' it is untrue. They must have the most hypocritical fanbase bar none.

Don't beat around the bush so much. Just tell it how it really is - they're all pricks!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Imagine feeling sorry for Liverpool. LOL

I dunno, I could imagine that if Villa scraped a last minute winner after Henderson was wrongfully sent off and they'd had 80% possession and 20 shots on target to Villa's 1 you might just get that feeling 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

They'd kill their grandmother's to finish the season. 

The majority of supporters favour whatever plan works best for their club. Its human nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The majority of supporters favour whatever plan works best for their club. Its human nature.

Not when a virus has killed 30,000+ people.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have confidence that 'in Smith we trust' fans mantra that has been prevalent all season will save us. Closely followed by ' we are not in the bottom three' mantra, another favourite.

Regards,

VLD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance. This reduction in distancing will cause a breakdown that will make the last seem like f all. Might get one or two games in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Graham t said:

we are not in the bottom three' mantra, another favourite.

Lasted for a while though.

We were 100 % heading for 20th before the break. With McGinn back there might be some hope for us, still.

That being said other clubs will have important players back too, that isn't exclusive for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So they will make this all free to air and keep our season ticket money then?

Will they f***.

Sky keep their fixtures, BT keep their fixtures and then all of the others will be opened up - some of those might end up free to air, either through a traditional broadcaster or through someone like Amazon or youtube or similar - some may even be picked up by Sky and BT.

Several Premier league teams have refunded season ticket holders - others, including Villa are I would imagine waiting to see what's going to happen with next season to see if they can discount on future tickets instead.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

The government is positive

Covid ?

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Lasted for a while though.

We were 100 % heading for 20th before the break. With McGinn back there might be some hope for us, still.

That being said other clubs will have important players back too, that isn't exclusive for us.

giphy.gif

 

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

NFL telecasts considering crowd noises  and put virtual fans in the crowd.

https://tvline.com/2020/05/14/football-games-nfl-virtual-fans-crowd-sounds-2020-fox/

The Premier League getting inspired by this maybe?

This I actually suggested already must be being considered if next season especially will be BCD. The technology is there and otherwise (quire possibly still, depending on how well it can be done) the TV companies' product will just be awful.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

and I can guarantee if they were second and 25 points behind City they would be calling for the league to be voided IMMEDIATELY. 

They would demand that the league be voided IMMEDIATELY and that the title be decided by the number of Championships won during the 1980's.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Next season should be the focus now...

One thing's for sure with next season having to pack the fixtures in a much bigger squad will be required, I presume FIFA will increase the number of players allowed to registered. 

If everyone is so certain June is still far too unsafe to play football (and I certainly wouldn't differ in that opinion) I'm not really sure how we can be so certain everything will be fine enough by middle of August. It's another six weeks but the virus will still be around in some form and a vaccine will still likely be many months away. Social distancing will still be around, they'll probably be still daily deaths (although hopefully well down on where we are currently) and stadiums will still be closed off.

I'd be up for voiding the season if everything but fans being let in could be guarenteed by August 18th-September 1st but feels pretty unlikely which is where I think culling of cup competitions feels inevitable to reduce the fixture list in case of further stoppages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So they will make this all free to air and keep our season ticket money then?

They'll put half the matches on Youtube I'd imagine. Not quite free to air but good enough. If you're posting on here, you can watch any Villa game on Youtube.

Watched last season's european finals on there and quality was fine but it's a ridiculous time delay if you're also got someone else in the house listening to the game on the radio.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â