Jump to content

Premier League 2019-2020 Thread


Enda
 Share

Recommended Posts

The french league have it in there rules apparently that if anything happens and the league needs to be ended that PPG will be used to decide the league,the PL dont have any rule like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Can you imagine the fight Aston Villa would put up if we were relegated under PPG?

Considering we are worth quite alot of money and run by very professional businessmen I'd imagine the PL would surely be reluctant to go down that route.

Relax.

It's looking like the season will finish anyways.

We'll just have to watch and learn how Germany does it. They'll make the blueprint for us all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/12/premier-leagueclubs-could-oppose-promotion-project-restart-goes/

Quote

 

Premier League clubs are threatening to oppose the promotion of clubs from the Championship if the second tier of English football cannot complete the season and the top flight’s ‘Project Restart’ goes ahead.

Despite being warned that the Football Association will not allow relegation to be cancelled and does not want to declare the entire season null and void, Premier League clubs are arguing that promotion and relegation must be awarded under the same set of circumstances.

 

This is what I was saying last night , if the Championship can't finish and PL does play then PL can turn around and say sorry no promotion ...so there is a very important meeting tomorrow with the EFL 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
56 minutes ago, TRO said:

I agree, but sometimes a manager has to defend himself too....players can get you the sack, if you let them.

I can tell you first hand, Ron Saunders did not suffer fools gladly, granted he did not call players out publicly, but behind closed doors he was Brutal to some.

Nowadays, players would have a manager like Ron out of the door in a matter of months. It's the cool kids, not the sergeant majors that are able to work with this generation of players.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Relax.

It's looking like the season will finish anyways.

We'll just have to watch and learn how Germany does it. They'll make the blueprint for us all.

Never going to restart, it’s just all just a front until they end it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What if everything goes well in Germany?

Dont start comparing to Germany FFS they have had 7667 deaths we are well over 32000 deaths the scale of the disease is like chalk and cheese!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The police can set up barricades around the stadiums. It should be possible to easily control the fans without having to be playing on neutral pitches.

If all the players, coaches + rest of the staff is corona tested negative it's next to no chance of infection.

Learn from Germany and follow a plan and guidelines that works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What if everything goes well in Germany?

What if it does? Germany has been widely accepted to have dealt with this the best (or at least one of) of all European countries and we're second only to the US in terms of deaths/infections with hundreds still dying daily...To take a leaf out of Boris's book (shudders), you can't make those comparisons.

We're a long way from being in a position to restart. Assuming that the criteria is for our deaths/infections to be at a German level. They're desperate to finish before the contracts all expire and introduce a whole new level of farce. Not to mention the UEFA deadline. Time's running out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villalad21 said:

The police can set up barricades around the stadiums. It should be possible to easily control the fans without having to be playing on neutral pitches.

If all the players, coaches + rest of the staff is corona tested negative it's next to no chance of infection.

Learn from Germany and follow a plan and guidelines that works.

The answer to nothing right now requires the police to set up actual barricades, surely!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What if everything goes well in Germany?

We Just had 627 deaths, they had 6.  

We have been awful compared to Germany, they are so far ahead of us and that’s assuming everything goes well in Germany.  

Football here won’t restart.  

Further to that the PL have virtually done nothing, at the meeting yesterday all they agreed were players contracts could be extended a month.  They have barely discussed anything else and by now they should have detailed plans with less than 3 weeks until June 1st if they were serious.  It’s all a front, I’m convinced and I don’t believe they’ll relegate anybody.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What if it does? Germany has been widely accepted to have dealt with this the best (or at least one of) of all European countries and we're second only to the US in terms of deaths/infections with hundreds still dying daily...To take a leaf out of Boris's book (shudders), you can't make those comparisons.

We're a long way from being in a position to restart. Assuming that the criteria is for our deaths/infections to be at a German level. They're desperate to finish before the contracts all expire and introduce a whole new level of farce. Not to mention the UEFA deadline. Time's running out.

If all the players + staff is corona tested and there is literally no chance of infection we still can't play because of.. reasons?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If all the players + staff is corona tested and there is literally no chance of infection we still can't play because of.. reasons?

for so many reasons that you know has discussed on here.....agreements by all parties and the “+staff “ is loads of people from different areas like Dr’s, medics, ref’s, facilities....plus facilities readiness.  So many reasons this isn’t going to happen and seems no desire to get it done apart from a weekly statement from the PL, which I believe is just a front to say they tried when they eventually cancel it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Relax.

It's looking like the season will finish anyways.

We'll just have to watch and learn how Germany does it. They'll make the blueprint for us all.

 

If it goes smoothly in Germany, you can guarantee when it starts here it will quickly go tits up and be a farce.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If all the players + staff is corona tested and there is literally no chance of infection we still can't play because of.. reasons?

I mean if this was so easy to achieve, it would be happening everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, villabromsgrove said:

Which is the safer option villalad21, playing or not playing?

Is playing riskier to everyone concerned than not playing?

I can ask the question in a number of ways but the answer will be the same wont it.

Wouldn't you agree?

Bundesliga starts in 4 days, let's see how it goes. I'm excited to finally watch a footie game again!

If it goes well there i see no reasons why we can't use the same blueprint they will leave behind. I'm not saying now. But somewhere down the line in June.

Premier League will just get more and more desperate once witnessing all the traffic the Bundesliga will receive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â