Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

With McGinn fit we'd spent most of our time outside the bottom three, the game in which he was injured was the first time we'd dropped into the relegation zone since September, so he does make a difference, if he hadn't have picked up his injury I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now.

• Like 3

The best thing Pearson has done at Watford is to get a performance out of Sarr , IIRC he missed some games and came back at Liverpool where they won.

They were poor at Villa Park mostly as Pearson had them sit back on a winning position then sit back for a draw.

1 minute ago, guyavfc said:

I hope it doesn’t go to PPG. I’m looking forward to the inbreds at Leeds doing there annual implode 🤣

The season will finish but we will still go down. Because we got the worst defense in the league

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sure. Let's not give the man any credit at all. Let's just explain it as new manager boost.

Seriously bro. You are so villa biased it's unbelievable. There's no point even trying to reason with you.

Let's just agree to disagree. I personally think he's done a great job dragging them out of the s**t they were in.

Ok forget the initial period where we don’t agree but....

Credit for Pearson but same period Smith has the same record

the last 6 games with the same record as us 1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats.

i repeat.......same record as us yet Pearson marvellous, Smith failing.  

Trump economics!

“Seriously bro. You are so villa biased it's unbelievable.” Because I’m a Villa fan which I don’t think you are.  

You argue against anything positive with Villa yet are generally positive with anything other than Villa.  You can’t argue my comments above, you just want to be down on Smith and positive with Pearson for achieving the same thing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

“Seriously bro. You are so villa biased it's unbelievable.” Because I’m a Villa fan which I don’t think you are.  

No i am a Villa fan but that doesn't mean you can't give credit to other teams.

It's really sad how football fans have become. It's become like a cult. I have no wish to become a part of that.

I don't see any positives in Villa this season. It's been an embarrassing season and it comes down to poor coaching.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

I think we'll need to start winning games as early as possible, as I wouldn't be surprised if the season gets restarted but then ends up having to be cancelled again, if that happens we need to make sure that we're outside the bottom three at that point. Even if the season resumes and we manage to play all the games, still need to get off to a good start, otherwise it will just feel as though we're carrying on from where we left off and all confidence will be gone. I'm hoping all this talk that presumes we're down without the season being null and voided inspires our players  to prove everyone wrong.

Especially if we start the whole disgusting project off, by playing Sheffield United at somewhere like Leicester on the first day.

23 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I don't doubt for one minute that people will have Covid-19 on their death certificate even though they died from something else. Whether it be error or because someone did it purposely although, why would someone do that? I mean, it doesn't benefit the government to have increased figures. 

But, if someone goes into hospital having choked on a piece of toast and they are terminally ill with cancer, if they contract Covid-19 and die of respiratory failure of course it will be death caused by Covid-19.

I actually think that there are more deaths than has been reported officially as the amount the figure increased by, when taking account deaths in care homes, just didn't seem high enough to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual real figure was closer to 40k.

youtube fashion GIF

Depends on how deep you want to go 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I think we'd start off with the game we were due to play before the postponement which was Chelsea... Meanwhile Sky saying that the bottom six are being warned against voting against playing at neutral grounds because next season might have to be played at neutral grounds as well. The difference there is that teams know the situation beforehand, so voting against playng at neutral venues now isn't the same as voting against it for next season. Despite all the reports I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of compromise is reached.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

No i am a Villa fan but that doesn't mean you can't give credit to other teams.

It's really sad how football fans have become. It's become like a cult. I have no wish to become a part of that.

I don't see any positives in Villa this season. It's been an embarrassing season and it comes down to poor coaching.

So explain to me how Pearson has done marvellous and Smith's has been embarrassing  and poor coaching with the same results in the last six games?

Added to that Watford are an established PL squad who finished 11th last season while Villa were a championship team.

Yeah definitely being fair there aren’t you.....you just can’t explain it can you!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The season will finish but we will still go down. Because we got the worst defense in the league

So we know you don't rate Smith and you believe we deserve to be relegated.

What if we’d sacked him after Leicester and appointed for arguments sake Benitez, would you still bang the drum about us deserving to go down?

5 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

So we know you don't rate Smith and you believe we deserve to be relegated.

What if we’d sacked him after Leicester and appointed for arguments sake Benitez, would you still bang the drum about us deserving to go down?

The damage has already been done. No manager is saving us this season, far too late. Should have happened at Christmas.

Null and Void is the only chance in saving us.

We were heading for 20th before the outbreak.

Edited by villalad21

59 minutes ago, useless said:

With McGinn fit we'd spent most of our time outside the bottom three, the game in which he was injured was the first time we'd dropped into the relegation zone since September, so he does make a difference, if he hadn't have picked up his injury I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now.

Yes I agree, with such a lack of real quality in our squad we cannot afford to loose key men like MgGinn, Grealish or Mings for any period of time. Also how much have we missed Heaton. Reina had been a disaster imo. Terrible signing

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I still think it will be voided, it may be the option getting least air time but it still stands as the most viable.

Void the season and reset for next season with an ‘as-you-were’ arrangement on who’s in what division and who’s in Europe etc.

I agree that the season should be voided and that there shouldn't be any relegation. The problem is that too many people who have the means to get what they want, want something else. They want the money that will come from restarting, they want relegation, they want promotion, they want neutral grounds and they will get what they want, unless the players or the virus stops them. 😕

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I agree, with such a lack of real quality in our squad we cannot afford to loose key men like MgGinn, Grealish or Mings for any period of time. Also how much have we missed Heaton. Reina had been a disaster imo. Terrible signing

If any of our relegation rivals lost their number 1 and 2 keeper, their second best player, and their main striker. I’d say they would have struggled too.

fine margins. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If any of our relegation rivals lost their number 1 and 2 keeper, their second best player, and their main striker. I’d say they would have struggled too.

fine margins. 

We haven't missed Wesley.

I actually thought AEG did a better job than him up front

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1