Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Back in the relegation zone now as the league table stands, need Man City to beat Norwich.

When I wrote that it was still 0-0, but I did prophetically think that 'it wouldn't surprise me if Norwich went and beat them', as I felt like that would be just our luck. Really need City to get at least one back before half-time.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

When I wrote that it was still 0-0, but I did prophetically think that 'it wouldn't surprise me if Norwich went and beat them', as I felt like that would be just our luck. Really need City to get at least one back before half-time.

Hopefully City can fully turn it around now.

This is why it's annoying when people talk as if we shouldn't hope to beat the likes of Everton or West Ham because they've got some good players, all Premier league sides have good players, that's the point of being in the Premier league, can't just wait until we play someone like Brighton to dare to think that we might be able to get a win, Norwich have just beaten City, Newcastle have beaten Spurs, and we're going to have to get a few unexpected results as the season progresses.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

This is why it's annoying when people talk as if we shouldn't hope to beat the likes of Everton or West Ham because they've got some good players, all Premier league sides have good players, that's the point of being in the Premier league, can't just wait until we play someone like Brighton to dare to think that we might be able to get a win, Norwich have just beaten City, Newcastle have beaten Spurs, and we're going to have to get a few unexpected results as the season progresses.

Everton have plenty of good players we beat them. It can be done, just not on a regular basis. If Norwich stay up the vast majority of their points will still come against teams in the bottom half I'd bet.

• Like 2

Everton have a lot of good players, and I was one of the select few saying that we should be hoping to beat them, rather than writing off our chances. Can't keep writing off our results or results of other teams that have an affect on us, or before one knows it we will be embedded in the relegation zone. Yes West Ham are a good team, but I feel it's a game we should be looking to get three points from, and people will be entitled to feel disappointed if that doesn't happen, although given other results I personally won't be too disappointed with a draw.