Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

West Ham is a huge huge match. If we could beat them, then I think we’re in a good position. 

However its a similar game to Everton, but they definitely have more attacking threat. 

As long as we keep in touch until January then we could be in a good position by then. Going for Benrahma and a striker would change the whole attacking threat.

For now we need to play without wingers I suggest.

for all the ifs and buts.....I thought we might be better off by c 2 points than we are.

I thought:

• Lose to spurs..which we did
  • Draw with Bournemouth.....which we didn't
  • Beat Everton......and we did.
  • Draw at Palace.....and we nearly did.

Its early days, but some aspects of our games are taking shape,we are not playing badly and not really good either...... I hope we can manage to at least turn some of the losses in to draws, in the short term, particularly away from home.

To be honest, I did think we would start a bit brighter.

• 2 weeks later...

Big wins for Liverpool and Chelsea could help us today. I think I'm right in saying that if Chelsea win by two goals then we'll go above Wolves, and possibly come out of the relegation zone, depending on how the teams below us get on, and whilst if Newcastle lose to Liverpool, we'll still be a point behind them but if it's by a big enough margin then it will mean we'll only need a point from Monday's game to go above them.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

Big wins for Liverpool and Chelsea could help us today. I think I'm right in saying that if Chelsea win by two goals then we'll go above Wolves, and possibly come out of the relegation zone, depending on how the teams below us get on, and whilst if Newcastle lose to Liverpool, we'll still be a point behind them but if it's by a big enough margin then it will mean we'll only need a point from Monday's game to go above them.

Won't help your blood pressure when you see Liverpool-Newcastle has already kicked off......

Away to Newcastle

Away to Chelsea

Home to Spurs.

Brighton's next three games.

Will hopefully be above Brighton by the time they pitch up at VP in mid October.

Before @Useless pipes up I don't take interest in other team's games in August. It's now September. ;)

Edited by VillaChris

No way Man. City won't score a couple against the back 4 Norwich have put out....completely forgot Sam Byram even existed.

Even the top teams look a big leggy after international breaks, Liverpool took half an hour to warm up today but comfortable win in the end.

Just now, VillaChris said:

No way Man. City won't score a couple against the back 4 Norwich have put out....completely forgot Sam Byram even existed.

Even the top teams look a big leggy after international breaks, Liverpool took half an hour to warm up today but comfortable win in the end.

Plus they have De Bruyne and Mahrez on the bench to bring on when Norwich are shattered.

Must admit when I typed that I still thought it was 0-0!

Guess Norwich have something to hold onto now but it's still a long time to hold out. They need another goal to have serious ambitions of winning this.

Kun Aguero just missed a very good chance, it's coming people.