Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

What is the point in any sport if fans can't attend? 

It resumes when it's safe for fans to attend or not at all for me. 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

What is the point in any sport if fans can't attend? 

££££££££££££££££££££

it's the only reason

hence why lower leagues and other sports are already cancelled

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

££££££££££££££££££££

it's the only reason

hence why lower leagues and other sports are already cancelled

Indeed, it makes me sick. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

France have cancelled ligue 1 and 2 

Government said no football until August so they pulled the plug on this season, they are meeting to discuss how it will end winner / Europe / relegation etc

So that's now France, Belgium and Holland. 

One by one they are starting to fall to the inevitability of it all.

I Fail so see how any country can start to play football when there are still so many deaths and the various countries health organisations still under incredible strain.

Social distancing will be in place. How can that be achieved in football? And then if somehow it was allowed what about players sweating rubbing on one another let alone when they all spit everywhere. Then you have the natural instinct of a goal being scored and players clambering all over one another in celebration.

Even if some of the lockdown restrictions are eased we are bound to remain in a situation of social distancing and football returns even if it's behind closed doors what message will that send to everyone? You will have groups up and down the country having a kickabout at the park etc. Plod comes along to break it up because they are not social distancing and all they have to say is ''well it's ok for the professionals to do it why not me''?

Good luck with that then !!!!

Not to mention any possibility of a 2nd wave of infections......

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Article makes complete sense but even August could be a push.

I pmsl when i saw this picture in the article.

spacer.png

Yellow card for Spitting being recommend , imagine a player being sent off for spitting something they have done their whole career during a game and easy enough to do ...

I don’t see how when teams aren’t on equal games played you can take a decision to relegate them ie us. I’m sure we have solicitors on standby if they do decide that and this could get very messy. I could accept begrudgingly if we were Level on games and in the relegation zone the decision to stick as is in terms of final league positions as 75% of the season has passed. It has to be null and void and tough luck on Liverpool, Leeds etc 

the liverpool situation is the sticky point. PSG win it every year, so just to say "sorry not this year" really isn't that big a deal for them. but liverpool were a week or 2 away from their first in 30 years...i'm convinced there would be riots if they had it taken from them when it was in their grasp

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don’t see how when teams aren’t on equal games played you can take a decision to relegate them ie us. I’m sure we have solicitors on standby if they do decide that and this could get very messy. I could accept begrudgingly if we were Level on games and in the relegation zone the decision to stick as is in terms of final league positions as 75% of the season has passed. It has to be null and void and tough luck on Liverpool, Leeds etc 

especially when Villa have also unfairly played the least amount of home games in the league along with City

• Like 1

Yeah the relegation issue is complex due to the points situation we still have an opportunity to escape, if the bottom three were cut-adrift a decision would be easier.

Also the money involved is astronomical and to relegate with games to go is surely not fair.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the liverpool situation is the sticky point. PSG win it every year, so just to say "sorry not this year" really isn't that big a deal for them. but liverpool were a week or 2 away from their first in 30 years...i'm convinced there would be riots if they had it taken from them when it was in their grasp

Imagine how shameful you would have to be to break social distancing for a riot over football.

It will definitely happen

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Either way there will be riots either joyous or angry... I’m more worried about the bin dipping lovin media going on about poor hard done by Liverpool Playing the usual victim card for the next 30+ years If they aren’t given it ... If they have to then it has to forever tainted with an * in the record books. Just to piss them off. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What if they scrap the 29th fixture and base it on  28 games played and finalize the table by average point per game

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

What if they scrap the 29th fixture and base it on  28 games played and finalize the table by average point per game

Well that will lead to us being relegated and it would be very hard to take, however, we are where we are and deserve to be where we are for a reason so.... **** knows ! 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Well that will lead to us being relegated and it would be very hard to take, however, we are where we are and deserve to be where we are for a reason so.... **** knows ! 

True we've only ourselves to blame, naive style of play, dodgy signings, no PL experience....it was asking for trouble!

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What if we scrap the 28th fixture, seeing as there are four teams who have not played it.

Coincidentally, Norwich, Watford and West Ham won their game.

• Like 3