Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

I've been wondering for awhile economically certain government supporters and benefactors are urging businesses to open up again. Maybe some of the PL directors/owners also back the government?

Personally I'm sick of the PL, I'm not missing football but feel as though integrity is lost at the moment considering how bad things are in the UK.

I still think it's a disgrace to relegate any team unless the season were played out normally in front of normal crowds. With the money at stake and the fine margins between winning & losing it's shameful to relegate a team based on a shambolic, mickey mouse type end to the season. So many factors come into it which most definitely have an impact on results & performances that punishing a team on such a massive scale due to forcing things through like this is a disgrace. By all means end the season to award titles etc but i still strongly believe it is monumentally unfair to relegate any team as a result of this considering the massive impact it would have on those clubs ... and the mental wellbeing of hundreds of thousands of people who amidst this horrid time would feel slighted in the extreme.

The Government & Mr BJ need to remember that there is also a massively depressing side to all this which would add yet another layer of mental torture to so many people who would see their club relegated unfairly & unjustly and possibly push some of them over the edge!

If they want to get games back on "To relieve the boredom & help peoples mental wellbeing" so to speak, then do so but for goodness sake make it clear that relegating teams on the back of it is simply not an option for exactly the same reason!

Crikey it's so ridiculous!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It’s the perception as well.  They are doing basic training but no football interaction because of social distancing but they are using the gym but normal people can’t use gyms.  Non-essential employees can’t go into offices but footballers can go into work.  Luiz and co broke quarantine rules last week but now allowed to do this.

How is this role model to kids, to adults as well when they break the quarantine rules and then get special treatment or exceptions.

I thought the rule was that people could still go to work if they abide by the safe distancing rules and cant work from home. Isn't this the same although they could still train at home I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

It’s the perception as well.  They are doing basic training but no football interaction because of social distancing but they are using the gym but normal people can’t use gyms.  Non-essential employees can’t go into offices but footballers can go into work.  Luiz and co broke quarantine rules last week but now allowed to do this.

How is this role model to kids, to adults as well when they break the quarantine rules and then get special treatment or exceptions.

As far as I have read there are not using the gyms , they have to drive in and go straight to the training pitch , train then jump back in car . Spain are talking about sterilising the ball  and pitch during the game ...

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

As far as I have read there are not using the gyms , they have to drive in and go straight to the training pitch , train then jump back in car . Spain are talking about sterilising the ball  and pitch during the game ...

Rotation on the gym I read as well

24 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought the rule was that people could still go to work if they abide by the safe distancing rules and cant work from home. Isn't this the same although they could still train at home I guess. 

What can’t they do from home? No tactics, no contact with each other....essentially they can do everything else not going into work.

Added that’s it’s perception that they broke rules and now they are going back to work(ish).  Role models (haha) and people in the spotlight should be showing us what to do not doing what Grealish did, Luiz did and then be exception to the Stay at Home order.  

What are our kids taking from that? What is the general public take from that? Just not impressed.

Edited by nick76

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Rotation on the gym I read as well

Spurs not allowed inside , all outside work and straight into car 

Spain have a 4 week plan and its only in week 4 they can train together before provisional  start 

15 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Spurs not allowed inside , all outside work and straight into car 

Spain have a 4 week plan and its only in week 4 they can train together before provisional  start 

Arsenal are allowed gym on rotation

6 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Project restart. This is bad news. Smith couldn't organise a self isolation.

If Villa play football it's relegation.

Our only hope is to follow the dutch and cancel the season. The PM must step in at this point.

Prince William could surely pull rank here either from the palace or as president of the FA...

I hope the players aren't as scared of the season recommencing as some of the fans, don't know why so many, our fans and those of other clubs, are taking it for granted that we will be relegated if the season continues, it's not as if we're cut adrift we're two points from safety with a game in hand, this break might mean we will have some of our better players back too.

• Like 1

Just had a look on the thread for how the season is going to continue on the Leeds forum waccoe, and it's full of them laughing at quotes from this thread and other posts relating to Villa, some of them even suggesting they sign up to here to "go fishing", with their track record you'd think they'd wait and see what happens before getting ahead of themselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, useless said:

I hope the players aren't as scared of the season recommencing as some of the fans, don't know why so many, our fans and those of other clubs, are taking it for granted that we will be relegated if the season continues, it's not as if we're cut adrift we're two points from safety with a game in hand, this break might mean we will have some of our better players back too.

I don’t. I think we have a much better chance now than what we had after the dreadful Leicester performance when we looked certs for relegation.

i think the footballers will be itching to play. That’s what they do isn’t it play football. They are probably bored out of their minds right now

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Just had a look on the thread for how the season is going to continue on the Leeds forum waccoe, and it's full of them laughing at quotes from this thread and other posts relating to Villa, some of them even suggesting they sign up to here to "go fishing", with their track record you'd think they'd wait and see what happens before getting ahead of themselves.

I am sure them Leeds fans can just reactivate there accounts from last season but for some reason they just disappeared

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don’t. I think we have a much better chance now than what we had after the dreadful Leicester performance when we looked certs for relegation.

i think the footballers will be itching to play. That’s what they do isn’t it play football. They are probably bored out of their minds right now

I dont think they will be, footballers get there enthusiasm from the fans. They wont be arsed playing in empty stadiums especially for teams that have nothing to play for. So Liverpool after 2 games wont be arsed, every team except the bottom 6 and maybe 2 or 3 chasing Europe. Thats it.

Going to be a lot of dead rubber games

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I dont think they will be, footballers get there enthusiasm from the fans. They wont be arsed playing in empty stadiums especially for teams that have nothing to play for. So Liverpool after 2 games wont be arsed, every team except the bottom 6 and maybe 2 or 3 chasing Europe. Thats it.

Going to be a lot of dead rubber games

If that’s the case it says a lot about them. Happy to pick up their wages though for doing nothing!

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If that’s the case it says a lot about them. Happy to pick up their wages though for doing nothing!

footballers do it every season at the same time. Whats the point of risking an injury if you have nothing to play for

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Personal pride 

it would be more like personal stupidity if a player missed out on a big contract or transfer because they got injured taking a dead rubber game too seriously. e.g. if we were safe and had 3 games left and Jack had a contract for Real Madrid lined up, he be crazy to play full on in case he got injured and failed his medical