Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 games - 1 win and 3 losses.

Am I worried? Slightly but not overly.

We equalised in an away game with 10 players. The difference was out of our control.

We won’t be going down without a fight I know that for certain.

Suso and his team are probably scouting for for a wide player, striker and left back as we speak.

We will end up throwing money at this squad in January if we are in the bottom 3. 

• Like 1

Well that's that we're stuck in the relegation zone over the international break. When the Premier league returns Wolves play Chelsea, Watford have Arsenal, and Norwich are at home to Man City, Newcastle are also away to Liverpool, all results won't go our way, but at least our rivals have some tough games coming up, Wolves I expect to be comfortably midtable come the end of the season, I just include them because they're the team immediately above us and have some difficult games coming up. Need that win against West Ham, otherwise we could be stuck in the bottom three for a while.

For those who think looking at a League Table after 4 games has any merit (🙄) presumably they are ecstatic that we’ve beaten 6th place and were a diabolical decision away from a point with 10 men Away at 4th place ?

Well, they could be ecstatic, if they chose to be I guess.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Why ?

I’m not sure we create enough clear cut chances. We seem to get to the edge of the area and run out of ideas a bit. 

Admit it’s way to early to be overly concerned and I think overall we’ll be ok. I just think we are lacking a little in the final third.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not sure we create enough clear cut chances. We seem to get to the edge of the area and run out of ideas a bit. 

Admit it’s way to early to be too concerned and I think overall we’ll be ok. I just think we are lacking a little in the final third.

Fair enough.

So you are only worried in the same way fans of about 15 other Teams are....I’ve no problem with that.

For me, I see no reason to worry but I respect your view.

In my view, no side ( in our League of 14) create many clear cut chances.

I watch teams win World Cups without doing so.

I watch most teams struggle to do so. It’s the hardest thing to do. 

I like how we already have goals from open play against Spurs, Bournemouth, Everton, Crewe, (And Palace ( 😎)) and that our scorers have been McGinn, Wesley, Luiz, And El Ghazi.

Open Play + midfielders scoring = good 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Fair enough.

So you are only worried in the same way fans of about 15 other Teams are....I’ve no problem with that.

For me, I see no reason to worry but I respect your view.

In my view, no side ( in our League of 14) create many clear cut chances.

I watch teams win World Cups without doing so.

I watch most teams struggle to do so. It’s the hardest thing to do. 

I like how we already have goals from open play against Spurs, Bournemouth, Everton, Crewe, (And Palace ( 😎)) and that our scorers have been McGinn, Wesley, Luiz, And El Ghazi.

Open Play + midfielders scoring = good 👍

I don’t know mate. There’s just something lacking in the final third for me. Maybe I’m worrying for no reason and looking in to yesterday’s game to much and just deflated from the daylight robbery.  I think we are lacking a real goalscorer but as you say it’s probably the same for most teams around us.

Hopefully we can bounce back against West Ham. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t know mate. There’s just something lacking in the final third for me. Maybe I’m worrying for no reason and looking in to yesterday’s game to much and just deflated from the daylight robbery.  I think we are lacking a real goalscorer but as you say it’s probably the same for most teams around us.

Hopefully we can bounce back against West Ham. 

Hopefully we can. 

But 0-0 would be a very good result.

4 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

4 games - 1 win and 3 losses.

Am I worried? Slightly but not overly.

We equalised in an away game with 10 players. The difference was out of our control.

We won’t be going down without a fight I know that for certain.

Suso and his team are probably scouting for for a wide player, striker and left back as we speak.

We will end up throwing money at this squad in January if we are in the bottom 3. 

Exactly what we need.

16 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Why do we need another left back?

Wide player and Striker I agree with.