Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Looking at the remaining fixtures for all teams around the relegation scrap, if we beat Everton and WHam we have a good chance of staying up.

If we don't win even one of those games, we are done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the "possibles":

Week 36:

Man City (W) - Bournemouth 

Everton - (W) Villa

WHam (W) - Watford 

Week 37:

Bournemouth (W) - Southampton

Watford - (W) Man City

Villa - (W) Arsenal

Man Utd (W) - WHam

Week 38:

Arsenal (D) - (D) Watford

Everton (D) - (D) Bournmouth 

WHam - (W) Villa

In that scenario the bottom is as follows:

16: WHam - 37 points 

17: Villa - 36 points

18: Watford - 35 points

19: Bournmouth - 35 points

20: Norwich

Important thing to note is that if watford beat WHam in week 36 they effectively swap places, so we would still stay up in that scenario.

If WHam and Watford drew but all results above stay the same, WHam would be relegated and we would be OK.

So basically, our entire season rests on that we MUST beat Everton AND WHam, as well as hope nothing out of the ordinary happens with other teams.

If we don't beat either of everton or West ham, or a relegation rival manages a miracle win somewhere, we are done.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Thanks 2

Man City free to play in the CL. The 2 year ban has been cancelled.

Their fine is also reduced from £30m to £10m

Oh joy!

Edit: Let's see if this was one of the conditions for them agreeing to allow the Saudis to buy Newcastle. 

Yeah I know it was a UEFA ban but these things tie together in the super corrupted world of football.

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Oh joy!

Edit: Let's see if this was one of the conditions for them agreeing to allow the Saudis to buy Newcastle. 

Yeah I know it was a UEFA ban but these things tie together in the super corrupted world of football.

It's a horrendous bullshit decision.

17 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's a horrendous bullshit decision.

Is anybody surprised?

Also, Saudi have more power than Abu Dhabi/Emirates so if anything it's them who would need clearance.

Within the region, the UAE and Saudis usually work hand in hand.

It's the Qataris they all have beef with.

BEIN Sports (Qatari owned) hold the Premier League rights for broadcasting in the middle east.

The Saudis have straight up been illegally broadcasting the PL under a service called (BeOUTQ) .. even dissing them in the name of the service lol.

So the Qataris will have a heavy say on this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is anybody surprised?

Also, Saudi have more power than Abu Dhabi/Emirates so if anything it's them who would need clearance.

BEIN Sports (Qatari owned) hold the Premier League rights for broadcasting in the middle east.

The Saudis have straight up been illegally broadcasting the PL under a service called (BeOUTQ) .. even dissing them in the name of the service lol.

A yes, Qatar is PSG.

• Like 1

There's nothing between West Ham and Watford in form, but it would be a big boost is West Ham can win and get safety.

Beat Everton and the pressure will be growing on the others.  538 gives us 15% chance of survival - insert *jimcarrrey.gif*

2 hours ago, sne said:

Oh joy!

Just a complete joke.......break the rules but basically get off.  Should just ignore things like rules.

So they still got fined, which means they did something wrong? If rules are rules, then surely the 2 year ban should stand? I'm complaining coz I love a relegation bound team, guess if I followed Man City I'd be saying justice is done. Another one for the 'football' is corrupt file?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That's great for us.

Increases the chances of Arsenal being at the beach by the time they play us.

And the more I look at it the more I do think we will need seven points to survive. 

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is anybody surprised?

All correct. There is one dynamic about the region that everyone must realise. The Saud's really do run things. They are the richest from all the middle Eastern nations. Qatar used to be buddies with them until They decided they are rich enough to be independent of Saudi. There's a lot of underhanded tactics from both nations especially in regards to weapons and the how and where they're being used.

• Like 1

I think the FA cup may have an effect on our survival.

Arsenal play on Saturday night against Man City and play us on the Tuesday hopefully that will effect their energy levels.Not sure if extra time is played any more but it would be good if it did.

Arsenals last league game is Watford and if they got to the final they might rest quite a few players so let’s hope they don’t make the final.

West Ham v Watford still not sure about best result for us,if it’s a draw it keeps West Ham in the relegation battle .If West Ham beat Watford and then Watford beat Arsenal that puts them on 37points with better goal difference means we will have to win all 3 games to go above Watford.

Teams are fighting for their lives and winning games you wouldn’t expect them to(except us) so more teams involved the better.

Edited by Only2McInallys

33 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

I think the FA cup may have an effect on our survival.

Arsenal play on Saturday night against Man City and play us on the Tuesday hopefully that will effect their energy levels.Not sure if extra time is played any more but it would be good if it did.

Arsenals last league game is Watford and if they got to the final they might rest quite a few players so let’s hope they don’t make the final.

West Ham v Watford still not sure about best result for us,if it’s a draw it keeps West Ham in the relegation battle .If West Ham beat Watford and then Watford beat Arsenal that puts them on 37points with better goal difference means we will have to win all 3 games to go above Watford.

Teams are fighting for their lives and winning games you wouldn’t expect them to(except us) so more teams involved the better.

Hoping to see all the youngsters (who are good) out against us. We can take a team full of Nelsons and Nketiahs because they're even more inexperienced than us. Really hope City knock them out though. A Watford win on the last day against them could be disastrous. 

• Like 1