Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

On 08/07/2020 at 15:14, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s over mate. You of all people know that. If these **** drops points we ain’t going to pick any up 

On the plus side your favorite charity gets £100 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t know how am I going to handle Palace game. Really hope we can beat them and get the hope back.

They’ve lost 4 in a row. Have wolves, United and spurs in their games after us. I just can’t see us beating them on law of averages. They are a solid side. Hope I am wrong. 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

At least I can now use Villa as my excuse to get pissed on a Thursday

Probably not a good thing but I no longer need an excuse. I just do it !

• Like 1

Things I will be happy to leave behind in Championship 

VAR

Bad refs 

Overhyped media crap

VAR 

Greedy players

VAR

The constant obsession that the Premier League is the be all and end all of football

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

VAR

Bad refs 

Overhyped media crap

VAR 

Greedy players

VAR

The constant obsession that the Premier League is the be all and end all of football

You won't get away from Bad REfs or greedy players in the Championship :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

VAR

Bad refs 

Overhyped media crap

VAR 

Greedy players

VAR

VAR is the worst thing to happen to football in a long time. And there's been some seriously shit things in football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Imagine if we beat Palace and Everton. I know we won't but imagine if we did.

That West Ham game would be mental

I think we'd be safe if we beat them two, unlikely though based on our form the worst in the league!

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

VAR

Bad refs 

Overhyped media crap

VAR 

Greedy players

VAR

you know 3 of those 4 are just as prevalent in the championship right???

VAR should ONLY be used for Refs to have a look at the decisions themselves, ain't it supposed to be an "Assistant"?

The actual Ref on the pitch should have the final decision.

If not then get rid of it, but keep goal line tech.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

VAR should ONLY be used for Refs to have a look at the decisions themselves, ain't it supposed to be an "Assistant"?

The actual Ref on the pitch should have the final decision.

If not then get rid of it, but keep goal line tech.

All this is gonna result in is that the on field ref will take another look at the incident himself and still make the wrong decision. If a couple of refs in the var room can't make the right decision, I don't think the on field ref who is likely to be even more biased considering he's reviewing his own decision, would do much better.

The fundamental problem is shit refs. We can mask it with better technology but if the refs are shit, the calls will always be shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jon Moss is scheduled to be the VAR ref tomorrow for the Palace game. You cant make this shit up 

Yes - guaranteed to screw us over again. I’m expecting a goal to be chalked off for us due to a player being a gnats eyelash offside. 

12 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

All this is gonna result in is that the on field ref will take another look at the incident himself and still make the wrong decision. If a couple of refs in the var room can't make the right decision, I don't think the on field ref who is likely to be even more biased considering he's reviewing his own decision, would do much better.

The fundamental problem is shit refs. We can mask it with better technology but if the refs are shit, the calls will always be shit.

Had we had our home crowd there, I doubt John Moss would have even considered it a penalty.

But it was ManUre. "They are back to where they should be" is the usual BS line trotted out by the media. Fernando squealed like a stuck pig even though he stomped on Konsa. Moss is only (or mostly) human - so he gave it without thinking.

VAR is a kangaroo court - the overriding principle is to back up your mate rather than make the right decision.

Them's the breaks.

• Like 1