Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I think I agree with the first part but I think we will absolutely smash the Championship. Completely different feel to last time we went down. But let’s hope we are both wrong on the first part and never need to find out... only needs 2-3 wins I think...

3 Wins and we definately stay up. I can't see where those wins come from though!

14 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

3 Wins and we definately stay up. I can't see where those wins come from though!

I read in one of the pages back that Liverpool fans could celebrate, as wishful thinking as it is, hopefully they try and do some problems in Anfield which result them a loss. Lol. 

In reality, I won’t rule us out of getting something out of Man Utd. But more importantly other teams to keep losing. 

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

The predictors can definitely pass a bit of time but ultimately I don't think they mean a right lot.

I had another look earlier and had the following  bottom half final table;

Brighton                39

West Ham            38

Watford                38

Bournemouth      36 

Villa                      35

Norwich               25

Notable findings from that was;

Newcastle lost all 4 matches against the teams above us. That probably won't happen. 

I had Watford v West Ham as a draw and West Ham v Villa as a draw. Any changes with these results could have a massive effect.

I had Norwich drawing with Brighton but losing to West Ham and Watford - Again, if they managed to somehow get wins in those games it improves our chances.

I had us winning 2 drawing 2 and losing 2 - That would mean a four game unbeaten run at the end.

Worryingly we could be 7 points off safety by the time we play Palace on the 12th July (albeit with a game in hand) Psychologically that could kill us.

I stand by the 36-38 point margin to give us a fighting chance and I think we need Norwich and Newcastle (in particular) to pick up points against our rivals.

I feel you've been way too generous with all the teams predictions there.  That would have them all performing better now than they have done all season. Not that it really matters as you've been consistent, and come to roughly the same conclusion I did... our game against West ham is critical. Watford will not reach 38 points... i'd stake my reputation on it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I feel you've been way too generous with all the teams predictions there.  That would have them all performing better now than they have done all season. Not that it really matters as you've been consistent, and come to roughly the same conclusion I did... our game against West ham is critical. Watford will not reach 38 points... i'd stake my reputation on it

Tell me more about this reputation....🤔

It's crazy how that 1 win against Arsenal was enough to drag Brighton to relative safety. If they don't get anything from Norwich, it could be squeaky bum time for them too and shows that if any of us get a couple of wins together it could be huge.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

You're probably right mate. I think I automatically fear the worst when our rivals play (I'm sure others do too). So far they've all been pretty pathetic and aside from Brighton's last gasp winner against the gunners it's gone pretty well for us...

.. oh and apart from our results! 😅🙈

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

With magic hat on I see wins against Arsenal Palace and West Ham. In the real world our only winnable points are Arsenal (1) Palace (3) and West Ham (1) will probably need to win on last day to stay up and put West Ham down. With our luck it will be us going down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Man U are gonna kill us. We need something from a rested pissed up Liverpool team! 

Of the two I actually think Man. United will give us the bigger hammering.

Think Liverpool will go 2 up and just ease off and so that can stay the final score so won't hurt our GD too much. Man. United are really clicking. If we sit back likes of Bruno and Pogba will just be pinging balls over the top. We try to take them on and Martial and Rashford will have plenty of space to run into. Can see them sticking 4 past us and they're keeping plenty of clean sheets now.

Well a slight glimmer of hope is I filled in a prediction thingy, and we managed to finish above Norwich and Bournemouth on 33 points   .. the glimmer comes in that I put us to draw with West Ham  , who if they do as I want them to result wise  , will already be safe going into the last game so might roll over for us and give us 2 extra points , giving us 35  , which would then relegate Brighton  :)

tbh though I think even 33 points was way too optimistic , but hey i'm bored at work

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

With magic hat on I see wins against Arsenal Palace and West Ham. In the real world our only winnable points are Arsenal (1) Palace (3) and West Ham (1) will probably need to win on last day to stay up and put West Ham down. With our luck it will be us going down.

Your real world sounds about right, I might add a winnable point at Everton, that would give us 32 points before the West Ham match (which the team that wants it most on the day will win). Really we need to pick up points from games we are not expecting to get anything from, or wins from games that we think that we might just scramble a point from. Sadly, it is just as likely that we won't get the winnable points that we're hoping for though. Pass me that magic hat, those three wins would do nicely. 😉

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Huge game for Bournemouth, no better chance to pick up points than Newcastle

If you don't beat Newcastle you deserve to go down...wait a minute

They are missing Wilson though. Possibly King aswell although haven't check their team news. Newcastle won at Southampton in their last away game so think they've got enough about them to get a draw.

Looking at it one way is it a bad thing if West Ham go on a winning run and pull clear?

Yes they're level on points with us but they have the easiest run in of all the teams down there so you have to expect they'll start picking up points sooner or later. As said above if they're safe on last day that will surely mean we've got more chance of picking up at least a draw.

Think I'd rather they beat Watford. Watford also got Chelsea and Arsenal away and Man. City at home in some of their other fixtures so they might struggle to get above 33 points now and losing to West Ham would make that more likely.

can see Bournemouth winning tonight and wouldn't be at all surprising if West Ham beat Chelsea, would the kind of result that other teams seem to manage but we don't. In the grand scheme of things might not be a bad result if Norwich beat Arsenal as well, but again can't see that happening either.