Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Drinkwater wasn't match fit and able to withstand 90 mins because he hadn't played regular for 2 years.

He was subbed in every game and didn't start the last 2

Imagine what he will be like now? anyone got any jump leads?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

Imagine what he will be like now? 

Struggling to beat lansbury off the bench 

He was brought in to try and plug the mcginn shaped hole, he failed, don't make out like he'll have a key part to play now because we all know that he won't, he's a body should we be made to play a game every 2 days nothing more

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How was it handled? 

What was said between Smith and the players? 

I'm interested in what you know

Dean openly said he let the players sort it out by themselves.

Fergie would give them a proper hairdryer and be kicking shoes in their faces.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The problem there is you've read a newspaper article, probably from a "source" or an "insider" that this big blown out of proportion incident has happened at BMH, they've exaggerated it as far as they can in order to make it "news" 

You've then read another comment from Smith who maybe / probably has done something internally and then under sold it to the media in order to downplay the incident to keep it out of the news 

Because then you have an agenda against Smith you've decided to use it as another stick to beat him with (and let's face it everyone will use it as a stick to beat Drinkwater with cos none of us like him)

In reality you know nothing 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I'm sure I saw on a Villa video the team played in the champions league behind closed doors and a load of fans turned up to do the conga in the park opposite.

I will definatly be doing my essential shop at witton lane tesco that day and  a bit of excerising in that park.....the conga

That was a little bit different. It wasn't a virus that led to that European cup game being played behind closed doors back then, we were prevented from going in, because a drunken squadie had chosen to have a sit down in the penalty area at Anderlecht. 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Is there anything you like about Villa?  Still think you're not a Villa fan, support another team and come on here just to bait people daily.....it's just too obvious!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

All clubs are perfect - only Villa are in dire straits! 

Smith said in his sky interview he's been in contact with the players WEEKLY!

everyday on my youtube feed I see another liverpool training video with that grinning idiot Klopp and I read in the news Mourihio has been spotted in the local park with his players. disgrace!

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Is there anything you like about Villa?  Still think you're not a Villa fan, support another team and come on here just to bait people daily.....it's just too obvious!

I like our stadium, facilities and club in general.

I obviously have my issues with the manager and some of the players because of how poor we've been.

Seems like the headlines and quotes from the last few days have conditioned a lot more people into now accepting that the football season is going to resume, not much talk now of the season being cancelled and none at all of it being null and voided. Rightly or wrong seems like it's going to happen, will just be a question of whether they take relegation out of the equation or not, and whether they can keep everyone safe enough that they don't end up having to cancel the season again.

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

everyday on my youtube feed I see another liverpool training video with that grinning idiot Klopp and I read in the news Mourihio has been spotted in the local park with his players. disgrace!

Again you take a comment in the media and think you know something when in reality you don't and then because you don't like Smith you use it as a stick to beat him with and further shrowd the club in negativity 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

So our manager is a disgrace because he follows the UK government's guidelines on keeping people safe... 👏👏👏🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

He just happens to live in the same area as those players I guess, not sure it was a disgrace that they met while out walking.

As for Smith he's not the one personally handling the players fitness routine while they are in quarantine. Guess they could have some daily Fortnite competition, Minecraft server or something with whole squad to build team spirit.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The only way they could do that is by ending the season now, no more games, no more money, no CL for utd or Sheffield, hand Liverpool the title

There will be 6 clubs who vote no to that, empty threat

I said earlier, that I think that's the PLs plan. If the bottom three make things difficult for their Project Restart plans, then they will threaten to close the season, in whatever way they choose that will see the current bottom three relegated. I really don't think that the rest of the bottom six, would vote against that. It's sadly all about playing the games and getting the television cash in for the PL, the players are their main concern now (not their safety but their ability to scupper their precious plan).

Purslow quotes from Henry Winters' twitter, the actual interview is behind a paywall so don't know if he said any more...

"It (no relegation) is an idea out there. It was billed to me as, ‘This is a way that cuts through all the compromises that people will be asked to take.’ It’s serious, it’s been thought through & needs to be debated properly"...

"I don't think neutral venues are by any means the only issue that needs to be resolved that goes to the heart of ‘is this still a competition everybody signed up to’. But I remain of the view that we're going to complete this season. It's a question of when & how not if"...

"You’ll have players desperate to get back to work with the attitude of ‘I'll take my chances’ & players with circumstances where it won't be practical or comfortable. The single biggest challenge we've got is to get those protocols signed off by everybody in football"'...

“It's obvious with 500 footballers that we're going to have positive tests and that's going to impact on teams’ ability to field a full-strength team. There are a lot of teams mathematically capable of going down whose squads can’t survive 3 or 4 players falling ill,"...

• Like 1

The daily mail saying the bottom three clubs are the main ones rejecting. Premier league will say if we carry on rejecting restart we have been warned we will be relegated along with bournmouth and norwich.

If thats the case its utter bollocks and the pl and go do one.

Daily Mail are full of hot air. This is conditioning other fans to blame us, Bournemouth, and Norwich when it all gets cancelled. They have nothing but speculation left because the Premier League want the government to make a decision.

• Like 1