Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

They should declare it null and void, and I imagine most European leagues will be the same. It’s not as though this is just a PL problem, it’s global. 

I guess all the leagues will need to sing from the same sheet and decide the same outcome, therefore European completion can continue next year. 

Very much easier said than done.

Imagine if the PL voids, but for instance La Liga carries on in a few months. I think all leagues will need to have the same result, and easiest way to do it is void the season and annoy a few teams!  

• Like 3

Without prior knowledge to what the answer is, I say, do the same as what they do if a match is abandoned midway through a game. So, for instance, say a home team is 1-0 up and after 70 minutes the game is abandoned due to floodlight failure, what happens? Whatever the answer is, that's what they should do with the season. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

"'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"- Tennyson

"Tis better to have loved and lost than to have paid for it and not liked it" - Sidcow

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Not sure that is fair either.  One win for any team makes a difference around us and there is still quarter of the season left.

Given WBA and Leeds are quite clear, have no relegation, promote those two for 22 league just for next season.

This money is too big to relegate teams based on not a full season.  I reckon there would be long legal proceedings if they did what you suggest because relegated teams wouldn’t accept it especially because of the money loss

No easy way out of the.position we are all in and for Leeds and West Brom to be promoted there needs to be relegation .

The position we are all in is unique, but we should be able to play the same amount of games as every other team and  any notion of average points to decide our fate and Sheffield's should be rejected.

West ham and Man United have a big influence on the premier league and its my bet us and Sheffield will get a raw deal out of all of this if we allow it to happen .

Not sure that is fair either.  One win for any team makes a difference around us and there is still quarter of the season left.

Given WBA and Leeds are quite clear, have no relegation, promote those two for 22 league just for next season.

This money is too big to relegate teams based on not a full season.  I reckon there would be long legal proceedings if they did what you suggest because relegated teams wouldn’t accept it especially because of the money loss

No easy way out of the.position we are all in and for Leeds and West Brom to be promoted there needs to be relegation .

The position we are all in is unique, but we should be able to play the same amount of games as every other team and  any notion of average points to decide our fate and Sheffield's should be rejected.

West ham and Man United have a big influence on the premier league and its my bet us and Sheffield will get a raw deal out of all of this if we allow it to happen .

If you had stopped the chammpionship at this stage last season Villa would have finished 8th and Leeds 2nd. Just goes to show a lot can happen so you can't just assume that teams would continue with the same form.

Scrap the season and start again in August (depending on the state of the country at that point).

• Like 1

The position we are in is unique, but we should be able to play the same amount of games as every other team and  any notion of average points to decide our fate and Sheffield's should be rejected.

1 hour ago, tinker said:

The position we are in is unique, but we should be able to play the same amount of games as every other team and  any notion of average points to decide our fate and Sheffield's should be rejected.

You can say that again.......😉

If there needs to be relegation for there to be promotion, then for me, there shouldn't be promotion. The easiest way out of this position, is to accept that the results are incomplete and to decide that promotion and relegation places cannot therefore be determined. 

Maybe I’m saying this because it would turn out ok for Villa but when I see the reaction of some grown men that are Leeds and Liverpool fans at the suggestion of cancelling the season. It really does make me think people need to take a good look at themselves.  It’s a f**king game! 

• Like 2

If this had happened the year before Leicester won the league and they had used average points as a basis for deciding relegation, Leicester would have been relegated and we would never have had that amazing season when they won they title. You often get bolters out of the relegation zone and heavy droppers into it. We either finish the season or it’s classified as null and void.

I would rather we either had a half season table to determine the outcome. At least that way everyone will have all played the same teams once (although there will still be disparities around home/away fixtures). Alternatively we let Leeds and WBA come up and run with a 22 team season. You could still have a 3 team relegation with only one team promoted to account for the fact that the Championship is smaller for one season. Their promotion could be based on a 4 team play off.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe I’m saying this because it would turn out ok for Villa but when I see the reaction of some grown men that are Leeds and Liverpool fans at the suggestion of cancelling the season. It really does make me think people need to take a good look at themselves.  It’s a f**king game! 

It’s truly ridiculous. People are still burying their heads in the sand. These are scary times when the year on year underfunding of the nhs will be exposed to all and people will die as a result.

My wife is a respiratory doctor. The head of service at her hospital gave a presentation on Friday showing how they may have to use tents within the hospital grounds to provide temporary beds to really sick patients. People think that this is going to just disappear but it won’t. The next 2 to 3 months could be devastating for our Country. I’m sorry but football just does not matter in these circumstances,

• Like 3